iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Perspective

Started by lxskllr, October 26, 2018, 06:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lxskllr

Back to working on my oak tree(The thing that brought me here). When I start getting tired, I walk around the tree and reflect on it, and think of what I'll do with the trunk. I also cut some vines, and look a bit for treasure that might have been unearthed when it went over. Nothing exciting yet. A piece of broken plate and some glass is all.

A few months ago the tree people came through, and cleared around the pole going to the mansion behind my house. They left a couple nice burnable logs behind my oak. A couple years ago I'd have been excited to find free wood on my 1ac property. Almost no effort. It would have been treasured like I won a small lottery or something. I'm now 6 cords into taking my tree apart, and have at least three more, depending on how much of the trunk I keep. I looked at that wood, said "meh", and got back to splitting. Couldn't even be bothered to pick it up. I'll probably end up getting it, just cause I don't like seeing anything wasted, but I'll have 10 years of wood if I use it heavily(for me), and >20 years under my typical burning pattern. Funny how things change.

edit:
Oh, and it's ~48F out. I have the door open, and a fire going at the same time. I'd have never been that wasteful two years ago  :^D

LeeB

Quote from: lxskllr on October 26, 2018, 06:21:47 PM

edit:
Oh, and it's ~48F out. I have the door open, and a fire going at the same time. I'd have never been that wasteful two years ago  :^D
There you have it folks. The real cause for global warming. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Don P

Someone nearby would appreciate it :)

lxskllr

Quote from: Don P on October 29, 2018, 07:17:16 AM
Someone nearby would appreciate it :)
Probably. Not sure how to get it to them though. If I advertise, I'll have more takers than I want. I thought about setting up an honor box at the end of my drive, but the anger caused by theft would greatly outweigh the tens(optimistic) of dollars I might make. My neighborhood's too upscale to simply donate to my neighbors, though I'd give some to my left hand neighbor if he asked. The right hand neighbors can pound sand.

Don P

My neighborhood might be too different, don't know, its rural with plenty of elderly folks, wood heat is very common. We snuck in a couple of loads last weekend.
Churches also know who is in need, I've called from the jobsite and the trucks and saws rolled in the next weekend.

Thank You Sponsors!