iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dolmar 109-115 interchangeability?

Started by smh, January 25, 2017, 03:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smh

I have a sachs dolmar 109. I see the stroke and carb is identical on the 115, with the only difference seemingly being a 4 cc larger bore.
?can you tell where this is going?
I'm wondering if those two models, the 109 and 115, share interchangeable p&c? You know, similar to the 61-262-272 Huskys?
I'm hoping some Dolmar affectionados will enlightenment me. Thanks. 
husky 61   -   old school mods
husky 272 -   heavy metal mods
husky 4 parts-uh oh oops
stihl 180c  -   what will it be when it grows up?

smh

dang, looks like i'll be the first to know  :~]
This one is from when Dolmar had just started epoxy-ing the carbs. It's not a bad lil saw.  Maybe a touch heavy compared to some but seems rugged enough.  It was easy enough to find a piston from the 115, haven't looked for a cylinder - which could be harder. The 115 cylinder is different design than the 109-111, and looks like maybe a touch taller.
later..
husky 4 parts-uh oh oops

SawTroll

The attached files may (or may not) help.

Btw, the 115 still is a current model in Germany, allegedly because many loggers prefer them to the newer 5000-series 50cc saws.
Information collector.

smh

Thanks SawTroll.
This is my first experience with the Dolmar brand and I'm liking it. I even grabbed another one, a 115; impressive power-to-weight.
I've been mostly a Husky guy ( 61's, 272) and some Stihl, older Echo. The Dolmar is the equal or better than either of those. It's so typically German: Over-engineered almost to a fault. 
husky 4 parts-uh oh oops

Thank You Sponsors!