iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vermont firewood $$$$$$

Started by Sawyerfortyish, October 05, 2004, 07:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

...and probably 98% of the lawmakers and politicians.

SwampDonkey

That's what always gets me, is the fact that one small region of the country controls what the rest of us can do. If constituents along the St Lawrence vote in majority in favor of something or a party, the rest of us in the country are pretty much muted.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Murf

No Tom, they're "up the river" in Ottawa, but the 'deep pockets' that keep them there are all here.   :D

Donk, it's interesting that you look at it that way, we were talking about that at one of our 'coffee breaks' at Timmies during the election campaign, the consensus was the opposite, it's not what we want, it's what the maritimes and the prairies want that gets done.  ::)

Curious the way everybody thinks the opposite is true.  ???

Maybe it's 'cause none of us actually get what we want.  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

SwampDonkey

Well the praries will have their way now, with Harper. I seem to remember that was part of his election platform.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ANMAN

Last season we set the price at $230 a cord to the Burlington VT area, and the rest of the sellers followed, though there are always people who sell a few cords for WAY less.  This results in our customers complaining that they had called 4 other ads and getting nothing or ordered wood and they never came.  Other complaints have been about people selling "cords" for slightly less than our price and it'll end up being a FACE CORD, so they got ripped big time. 

The processor people sell like mad too and run out but from the looks of the pulp wood piles they are WAY ahead of normal.   I am afraid that our absorbant pricing last year has sent everybody into a whirlwind of wood production. 

Normally when they run out, that's where we take over and get 2-3 orders a day but it's always one cord to people who knows where, but usually VERY affluent people and we're glad to take their money!

We pull our logs to the header, chunk them, stack the chunks until we can take wagonfulls to the shed and pto splitter and commence splitting, come time to deliver we stack the wood in our 1ton and throw it out once we get to the customer. It's incredibly time consuming and we can get tops 4 cords delivered in a day, but the customers like to help or chat and have their day of being a woodsman, others love watching us toil   ::) 

We have sold about 110+ cords a year for the last few years and have probably had 10 repeat customers tops, probably not the best thing in the world to have, but there's plenty of customers out there that get a cord that will last them for 2-3 years for their fireplace.

Thank You Sponsors!