iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New 562XP wont run

Started by Wild Man Jack, October 15, 2018, 10:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Man Jack

Hi all, last winter I got a brand new 562XP, took it out a couple times, got knee surgery and didn't pick the saw up again till last Friday. I got out to the bush, and the saw started very easy, within 3 pulls, I let it warm up about 30 seconds on high idle, revved a couple times as one does, cut some sticks away from the tree I was about to drop, and i could not keep it running at WOT. I couldn't even get the wedge cut. It kept dying, however would idle fine, and would sometimes rev up fine with no load, and other times would die there too. Sounds like no gas. Tank was full with husqvarna canned premix, and that's the only kind of fuel this saw has ever seen. It's never run on pump gas. It was a cool day, 5°celcius or 40° farenheit, and I played with it and had it running long enough that the engine was definately warm. Even tried cutting some little 4" diameter branches and it stalled out in those. I just could not get it to run at full throttle or cut anything. Chain was fresh and sharp, everything should have been good. Air filter spotless (it has literally a couple hours on it). I took it to the dealer today, no codes were thrown, it revved up for them in the shop, no load of course, they still have it, but anyone have any ideas? Seems like it's not getting fuel to me. I inspected the lines, looked ok, fuel filter too, I'm just baffled by this. Used my dad's echo timber wolf instead and it ran perfectly doing everything the same.

HolmenTree

Let your dealer take care of it, probably just needs a fuel setting upgrade. Maybe they missed out on that when they first setup your saw.

Up north here in Thompson, MB. I ran my 562 last winter for a day at minus 30 , then the next time I ran it in the spring on a warm day it needed about 5 minutes in a log to reset itself.
Bought it new in 2012 has never been to the dealer for upgrades.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

WDH

Check to see if the spark arrestor screen in the muffler is plugged up. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

HolmenTree

Quote from: WDH on October 16, 2018, 09:15:35 AM
Check to see if the spark arrestor screen in the muffler is plugged up.
According to the OP it's brand new with very little time on it.

Wild Man Jack

Got a call from the dealer, looks like a fuel line was kinked inside, factory must have put it in a weird place and it worked it's way to where it got kinked so it starved for fuel. Very relieved that's all it was, I was nervous I was going to have a problematic saw.

HolmenTree

Let us know how it works in the wood for you. 
You did say in your first post that you did check the fuel line and filter.

Wild Man Jack

I just checked it where I could see it but they said it was somewhere inside, I'm not sure where.

reelman65

I had a similar problem with mine. It was carbon build up on the piston. it made the ring get stuck down and had no compression. they told me it was because of the oil i was using (synthetic). So i switched to Husky oil. then it happened again. ( a few months later) just took it apart and cleaned piston/ring works fine now. I am currently also using seafoam as a preventative. been running good for a couple of months with no issue.
75 Acres of hardwoods that i want to try to optimize for HW growth, health and habitat. Also interested in creating a few small stands of fruit/nut trees and sample of different native species

gman98

Had one do that this winter.  A new fuel filter and spark plug cleared it all up and it runs like a top now.
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

Thank You Sponsors!