iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Great lakes water levels

Started by Jeff, July 04, 2019, 11:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Me:"Kids, I remember when I was a kid,  Lake Huron came clear up here to the road, and, now, you can drive out there."

My kids down the road, "Look out there! I can remember as a kid there were trees out there 200 ft and you could drive out there. Now the water is clear up here to the road."

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

Holy cow its bad, worse that 2017. The St. Lawrence and east end of Ontario is getting a LOT of damage to property. The 1,000 Islands area is get hammered. The photos I have seen are really upsetting. Millions in damage, but the agency in charge of the seaway seems to want to keep it high to increase commerce by being able to carry more per ship with a higher draft in the seaway. It's sad, people are loosing homes.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Bandmill Bandit

I have ZERO sympathy for any thing that is built in historical flood plain. If they are that stupid they deserve their loss. If a government issued permit to build there then it is government stupidity and the Gov should pick up the tab.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Jeff

It wasn't to many years ago when they were claiming historically low lake levels, and at the same time finding loing submerged and now exposed corduroy roads.

PA_Walnut

Couple years ago, went on vacation there with the family. Kids still talk about it. (forget Disney, and commercially overcrowd places).
My mom was a Yooper, so great for me to visit where she was from.

BEAUTIFUL place! We gotta make that pig roast!

I took this shot of Lake Michigan.

I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Jeff

PA_Walnut

Quote from: Jeff on July 05, 2019, 01:23:13 PMBring it!

Do you have a list of lodging close by? A cabin or Air BB would be preferred! 
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Jeff

upnut

We camped at the Detour State Forest campground when the kids were little, the lake levels low. The boys had a ball rerouting Joe Straw Creek along the sandbar and playing on the rocky shoreline. I'm sure that's all submerged now, sure looks different!

Scott B.

Here's a pic from early grouse season 2017 at Detour State forest campground, we were escaping the heat....

I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

Jeff

Ill have to go look next time. Thats only ten minutes from the cabin. That creek changes every year out on the beach, but i bet you are right, i bet the channel is submerged.

Thank You Sponsors!