iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I need a part number for an 090AV Stihl 41 inch Bar

Started by Lorenzo, December 11, 2018, 05:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorenzo

I want a replaceable nose sprocket also.

There seams to be some confusion about what fits what.
I ordered in a bar that was supposed to fit but the mounting holes are too far towards the bottom of the bar. ( opposite the nose)
I think it is for an 088.

If I try to use it my chain is too short and even if I get a longer chain I would not have any adjustment because the slot is already up against the rear of the bar.

It came right out of the Stihl parts book but dosent fit.

HolmenTree

Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Lorenzo

Supposedly, the one I have coming now will have two sets of holes like the Cannon  pictured above.
Replaceable nose wheel is not available.

HolmenTree

Hard to beat the quality of Cannon
 That 41" is $221 USD. Good price.
To make those 3002 mounts fit from 07 to 090 there needs to be multiple holes and a longer slot.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

sawguy21

I have not seen a long bar without the replaceable tip, that seems odd. What brand?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Lorenzo

Quote from: sawguy21 on December 12, 2018, 03:13:21 PM
I have not seen a long bar without the replaceable tip, that seems odd. What brand?
Stihl.

teakwood

Stihl Duromatic,  i call them tank blade, heavy as hell. the only bar sold in Costa Rica, from 18-40" 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Lorenzo

Quote from: teakwood on December 13, 2018, 07:31:26 AM
Stihl Duromatic,  i call them tank blade, heavy as hell. the only bar sold in Costa Rica, from 18-40"
Thats what I was fearful of,  I should have just kept the other one and drilled two extra  holes in it.
Problem is then the oil hole isn't in the right spot and there wouldn't have been enough adjustment.

Lorenzo

Al_Smith

I don't know why all the fuss about hard nose bars .If the saw puts out plenty of oil which an 090 should do there should not be a problem .You just run them a tad looser .Big ado over nothing .
I've got a 48" hard nose Windsor ,McCulloch mount I run on both a Mac 125 and a Homelite 2100S .Both saws put out enough oil it blows off the end of that long bar .Old saws were  made in a time before they thought a little extra oil was  compared to  the wreck of the Exon Valdez .

sawguy21

I didn't consider hard nose, been a long time since I have seen one and certainly not in that length.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Lorenzo

Well my bar came in a couple days ago. 
This morning I fired her up to fell this 33 inch Walnut tree.
Now I am going to mill the center part out to make  a bench for my entry way.
It will be  8 feet long and 5 inches thick.
My plan is to end up with quarter sawn grain on the top of the bench.

Lorenzo

Made the first slice into may Walnut yesterday.

Lorenzo

Lorenzo

All cut to length and delivered to the Kiln. Now a 6 month wait.
Check out that beautiful apricot in the upper left .

Thank You Sponsors!