iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question? Inlaws selling 39' RV

Started by rbhunter, March 15, 2010, 08:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbhunter

My inlaws are wanting to know where the best place to sell a 39' RV with frieghtliner frame and cat engine. Somebody keeps calling and asking them to put it on ebay and they wanted to know what I thought. I informed them I really did not know but would make a post inquiring about what would be the best way to sell it. Due to health issues they have to sell it as they can no longer take it south in the winter. It is only about 4 or 5 years old.

They have it on Rvregistry.com now but not much luck selling it. I think it may be the economy.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

scsmith42

The economy has definitely put a hurting on selling RV's, but on the positive side they are coming into the best selling season.

E-bay is a great way to attract a national audience, but they need to be sure that they understand how the auctions work so that they don't get burned.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

dovetails

My inlaws are wanting to know where the best place to sell a 39' RV with frieghtliner frame and cat engine. Somebody keeps calling and asking them to put it on ebay and they wanted to know what I thought.

Why would "somebody" want them to put it on EBay? If it is already listed for sale,it can be bought now,sounds to me like somebody wants to scam them or something. I've bought and sold on ebay,have no problem with it at all, but it just sounds fishy to me. Also if sold or not on ebay,you still pay a fee to ebay.
1984 wm lt30,ford 3000 w/frt lift,several chain saws, 1953 model 30 Vermeer stump grinder,full wood working shop, log home in the woods what more ya need?

Larry

eBay charges a pretty good fee to the seller.  If the RV does not sell they still charge a listing fee.

I would place a free ad on craigslist.  You can list in multiply citys if you do it right.  They also allow limited html code to spice up your ad a bit.  Course you will have to find somebody who can write code.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

rbhunter

Thank you guys I will tell them Craigs List.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

easymoney

i have bought and sold a lot on ebay. but you have to be careful when selling big ticket items on there. you need to get the help of someone who knows how to avoid the scammers. the same holds true for craigslist. watch out if someone wants to wire you the money from nigeria and is wanting to pay you more than you are asking for the item.

Brad_S.

I listed my edger on CL and was hit with half a dozen email replys asking if the "item" was still available. All of them were worded the same and came from some funky sounding email addresses. I think they were phishing. Warn your in-laws to reply only to emails that mention the RV by name.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Thank You Sponsors!