iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Haix Boots

Started by Pclem, April 23, 2019, 08:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pclem

I see some of you guys have the haix boots. From what I read, you're happy. I wonder if you guys could tell me if you've found more support with them compared to other boots. I need to find a boot with superior support to hopefully get me through the summer, and possibly surgery next fall/winter. I have a high arch and my feet easily "roll out" causing problems. Maybe a quality Danner would serve me just as well? 
Dyna SC16. powersplit. supersplitter. firewood kilns.bobcat T190. ford 4000 with forwarding trailer. a bunch of saws, and a question on my sanity for walking away from a steady paycheck

47sawdust

I have bad feet and have good luck with Red Wing boots.Mine took a while to break in but they are a good boot.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

BargeMonkey

I havent tried the Haix yet, plan to get a set @ Boonville. Friend of mine likes them and says they fit very well and are stable, hes a pretty big guy. I trash boots, a pair of Carolinas get me 6 months, best pair ive had lately where the American made Chippewas, where about 330 and I got 14 months out of them before the soles gave out. I wear the orange husky saw boots quite alot, for saw protection I still think they are the best. 

barbender

I'm on my second pair of Haix, I think they are the xr200 model. The first pair had the sole delaminate after a year of light wear. I wasn't very impressed for a nearly $300 pair of boots. I wrote Haix and complained, and they sent me a new pair. I thought that was pretty stand up of them👍👍 Interestingly, the first pair was never very comfortable, and I had my worst ankle sprain EVER in those things. Honestly when I got the new pair I thought about just selling them. I'm glad I decided to just wear them, because these are really comfortable. I don't know what the issue was with the first pair, but I would completely recommend them on the performance of the second pair.
Too many irons in the fire

Stoneyacrefarm

I bought a pair of protector primes in April last year at the Vermont show. 
They are very stiff in the beginning.
If you're looking for support they are the ticket. 
Great quality. 
They are wet and muddy all the time and have stood up very well. 
Show special was $285.00 I believe. 
When these wear out I'll definately buy another pair.  
Work hard. Be rewarded.

leeroyjd

The protector prime have the support of a ski boot!
Haix says to buy a half size smaller than you normally wear, but I wish I stuck with 9 1/2 instead of 9. 

Pclem

Thanks guys. I think they'll be my next investment :)
Dyna SC16. powersplit. supersplitter. firewood kilns.bobcat T190. ford 4000 with forwarding trailer. a bunch of saws, and a question on my sanity for walking away from a steady paycheck

nativewolf

Quote from: barbender on April 23, 2019, 12:00:36 PM
I'm on my second pair of Haix, I think they are the xr200 model. The first pair had the sole delaminate after a year of light wear. I wasn't very impressed for a nearly $300 pair of boots. I wrote Haix and complained, and they sent me a new pair. I thought that was pretty stand up of them👍👍 Interestingly, the first pair was never very comfortable, and I had my worst ankle sprain EVER in those things. Honestly when I got the new pair I thought about just selling them. I'm glad I decided to just wear them, because these are really comfortable. I don't know what the issue was with the first pair, but I would completely recommend them on the performance of the second pair.
I too had issues with my first pair and wore them to the richmond logging show, showed them to the person at the booth and had new boots in short order.  I personally find them a bit clumsy...or rather I am more clumsy in them than normal ( ok I am clumsy anyway).    I am wearing them for the cut protection and I have cold feet and wanted a protective toe but not steel toes.  I am fairly satisfied but they are not cheap. 
Liking Walnut

Pclem

nativewolf, do you have the xr 200s also?

Cub

Got me a pair of protector primes last year. Little tough. But I wanted a good boot with support for in the woods. Took a while to get used to them. They seem a bit bulky. After a few days you don't notice it. The broke in good. Wore them all winter with a pair of wool socks and never got cold feet. I love them. Once these are shot I will buy another pair. I'm not sure but I think the protector primes have been replaced by something else. A tad pricey but i don't mind to pay for a good comfy boot. When your on your feet all day you need to have a good boot. 

Stoneyacrefarm

Cub,
I agree with your comments totally. 
A little clunky , yes. 
I've worn Chippewa Arctic 50's since the 80's. 
The Chippewas are like wearing slippers. 
Have no cut protection at all. 
And I get 10 months to a year at best with them. 
Once I broke in the Haix boots they are not so clunky and wear really well. 
It's looking like I'll get well over a year out of them so the price is the same as I was paying for the Chippewas with more protection. 
I'm going to buy another pair when these wear out. 
Hope this helps. 
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Pclem

I couldn't wait.. I ordered a pair of the protector primes today. I don't think I saw one negative review shopping the last couple months. When you guys gave the thumbs up on the support they give, that put the nail in the coffin 👍. Thanks for the input fellas

Cub

You won't be disappointed with them once you break them in and get used to them. 

BargeMonkey

Did you order the correct size or 1/2 smaller ? My buddie swapped his back because they where to tight and liked the replacement pair, I'm planning on a set at Boonville and have a narrow foot. 

nativewolf

Quote from: Pclem on April 23, 2019, 08:41:32 PM
nativewolf, do you have the xr 200s also?
Sorry for the delay, see that you ordered already.  I did get the xr 200s.  I don't think you can really go wrong, the service is good and if they don't fit send back.  Fairly sure you'd get a refund no questions asked and for someone needing arch support I think that's the key point.  Hope the boot is comfortable for you!
'
Liking Walnut

Pclem

Quote from: BargeMonkey on April 24, 2019, 10:40:25 PM
Did you order the correct size or 1/2 smaller ? My buddie swapped his back because they where to tight and liked the replacement pair, I'm planning on a set at Boonville and have a narrow foot.
That's the bad thing for me ordering online without being able to try them on. Some boots I've had fit better 9.5, others 9. I did order a 9. We'll see....At least you can try em on at boonville;) 

Skeans1

Have you guys ever heard of Nick's, White's, Wesco? They all make a true logging boot with good ankle support looked on the Haix website as I've never seen them out here before they remind me more of hiking boots then a loggers work boot.

Pclem

I had a pair of wesco lineman boots years ago. Maybe the lower heel on the loggers are better, but the high heel lineman boot kills me. I'd never heard of haix before I got on the forum here, but after reading all the good reviews, I was curious. Sure looks like they have better ankle support than most. And the cut resistant is a bonus....

Skeans1

Most of the fallers our here wear caulk boots which don't have a heel, most logging boots here have a block style heel for an engagement on steps or for climbing gaffs to sit in. When I'm cutting all the time I can't stand my standard logging boots it's caulks all the way the spikes help with traction's on everything but rock and steel that's when you learn really quick how to ice skate.

John Mc

Quote from: BargeMonkey on April 24, 2019, 10:40:25 PM
I have the XR200 boots I usually wear a size 9 (rarely an 8.5 in some brands). I have a narrow foot, and the medium width in a size 9 fit me perfectly. I was trying on their boots at the Logging show in Vermont. All they had with them were wide sizes. The 9W fit OK in length, but were loose otherwise. I took a gamble and ordered the 9M. They said I could return them if I was not happy, but they fit perfectly. I've been very happy with them.
At the time, all they had in chainsaw boots was the XR200 or the Protector Prime. The XR 200 has a 7" upper, the Prime has a 9" upper and has a higher grade of cut protection. The Prime was just a bit tall for my liking, so I went with the XR200. I've never tried on the Protector Ultra (8" uppers, same cut protection as the Prime), but I'm thinking they may be  a good bet as well.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

thecfarm

Looks like $4.95 shipping until Sunday,US only.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

John Mc

Quote from: thecfarm on April 28, 2019, 08:21:19 AM
Looks like $4.95 shipping until Sunday,US only.
They run specials from time to time, and generally have special pricing for shows (at least for hows where they have their own booth set up. Not sure if the same is true if it's just one of their dealers with some on display.)
They also sell factory seconds on their website at a substantial discount. These are boots with cosmetic defects, not functional problems. You can sign up for notifications of when they have your preferred size and style in stock in a factory 2nd.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Pclem

I signed up for notifications on the factory seconds a couple months ago. I could have gotten the lime green boots for $250, but nothing else in that 2 month span. Call me picky, but I wasn't too crazy about wearing green boots :D

Stoneyacrefarm

Pclem,
My protector primes are the bright orange ones. 
Took a little while to get used to having orange boots on.  :D
Work hard. Be rewarded.

upnut

I have a pair of the Ultra lime green boots, it does tone down with use. That loud color is a constant reminder to keep my lilly-white feet out of harms way. One of the features I like best is the Vibram sole shared with the Primes, really helped with footing and traction in wintry conditions. Good luck with your new boots!

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

Thank You Sponsors!