iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

skidder grapple attachment

Started by missouri_logger, January 10, 2009, 12:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

missouri_logger

i would like to know if there are any manufactures who make a grapple kit for a skidder who is cable somethign you can switch over  a kit to put a grapple on let me know whats out there im looking to try something like that i have a 240 timberjack if you was wondering thanks for any help

MaineLogger

From what I can tell the rear frame is built different on a 240 grapple.I think you would be better off buying something that was born as a grapple skidder.
380 Timberjack (cable)
230E Timberjack (cable)
648G Grapple
Husky 372's

barbender

I know of an old 440 Deere around here that had an Esco grapple put on it, as far as a kit, I think you probably need to be a good fabricator. I think MaineLogger is right, except that you can't find a real small grapple machine, then it would make sense to "make your own"
Too many irons in the fire

Maineloggerkid

I've seen a few of them. My buddy runs one. The grapple frame goes on the outside of the cable arch, so you still have the ability to use the winch.They are single arch grapples, and all the ones I've seen have 3 levers for the controls, pretty basic. I don't know who does these conversions. but I will ask my friend if he knows.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

KyMasterLogger

Quote from: barbender on January 10, 2009, 07:06:18 AM
I know of an old 440 Deere around here that had an Esco grapple put on it, as far as a kit, I think you probably need to be a good fabricator. I think MaineLogger is right, except that you can't find a real small grapple machine, then it would make sense to "make your own"

could you get any pictures of this??

barbender

If by chance I pass by their job when I am hauling wood I will try to take a pic
Too many irons in the fire

semologger

I had a guy put a grapple on a C5C treefarmer. The guy had it  and sold it pretty cheap. He also put it on. But i do think it would be easier to find another skidder. One thats front was burnt and and back end was still good. Heck with your money  mologger Y not go out and buy a brand new one.

Dave Shepard

I have a 208G-S with a grapple. I have been told that TJ never made a 208 grapple. Supposedly it was a custom built machine for a power company, they bought several. Whether it was built by TJ, or an aftermarket, I don't know. The winch has been removed, but there is still room for it. Most I've seen have fairleads in the grapple.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

semologger

Thank You Sponsors!