iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

skidder fire

Started by keloo.comly slagle, August 01, 2014, 12:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keloo.comly slagle

Couple of months ago burned down my JD 540. Thought I was finished logging. Insurance money came was able to get a 2002 525 b couldn't be happier. This is my 27th year l don't think I will ever do anything else. It's who I am and I like it. Never quite.

Decked

I went to work one morning and my 540A also looked like a BBQ...6 weeks & $17K( 14 from insurance)  later , it was rebuilt & back to work. That fresh 6 cyl. was awesome...but the rest of the machine just didn't come back. Tons of little problems, and the frame cracked a lot. I got tired of it & got a brand new 540D. A totally different power curve, but, a REAL sweetheart of a skidder. 7 years later, Hammermill Papers went defunct, the National Forest was under attack from the tree-huggers, Comp. was rediculous, & I sold out.

luvmexfood

Not saying it would have helped but always keep a good fire ext. in your equipment. When I worked at the airport we had an earthmoving project going on. The contractors employee's that drove the big cat haulers were like crazy.

One of them turned one over and it started burning hydraulic fluid. $30,000 damage. First thing the driver said was: "if I had only had a fire ext I could have gotten it out when it first started". If the tower hadn't seen it burning and dispatched our crash equipment it would have been worse.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

barbender

Once the hydraulic oil gets burning you might as well save your extinguisher. Keloo,  where in MN are you located?
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!