iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BELSAW M-14 PARTS

Started by BUBSDAD, March 04, 2012, 05:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BUBSDAD

I have just set up my Belsaw and after trying to cut a couple boards I discovered the front bearing housing is broken.  I saw on this message board about Timber King having some parts, I contacted them, but they do not have what I need. It is part number N-102 in the owners manual.  If anyone has an idea or any extra parts I need help.  Mike Alexander at Timberking says his company is in "flux" and so not know if they will continue to offer parts for the Belsaw.  So if you own a Belsaw you may want to send him an email asking them to continue the parts offerings.  MikeA@timberking.com

bandmiller2

I don't own a Belsaw but I believe thats just a common flange bearing.Pull the bearing off and take it to a bearing supply co. they should be able to replace it.May be a good idea to replace boath and be done with it. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

shelbycharger400

i have actually thought about upgrading to a different type of bearing, that to a standard style pillow block bearing.   but that will happen when i go to a full steel bed.
im assuming u have the side bolting bearing/ wood frame style.

Meadows Miller

I think they should just bring back the M16 Mills personally  :) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

bandmiller2

Your right Chris but it won't happen due to liability,even the big manufactures are running scared,you just see large commercial mills now and a big percentage of their cost is insurance. Frank c.

BUBSDAD

Yes it is the wood frame and the bearing mount is slotted and slides to adjust.

Looks like it  can be welded, but now may be the time to upgrade.

Thanks for the input.

bandmiller2

Bubs,I would not try to weld that casting on this application,theirs alot of strain on that housing,and you don't want the arbor breaking loose.If you get the numbers or just the size Cooks can likely get you the bearing. Frank C.

BUBSDAD

Its not the bearing but the housing that holds the bearing that is broken.  it is cast and has a 3 bolt flange that extends down onto the side of the frame where it is attached with 3 bolts and is adjustable up and dow to adjust the tilt of the blade.

bandmiller2

Bubs,I know what you mean,wile its possible to just buy the bearing part,usally bearing and cast housing come as a unit.This application would be best to replace the whole unit,its a standard flange bearing assembly.That housing takes a beating as any vibration in the saw and arbor goes through it. Frank C.

Trapper John

I am also in the process of replacing a cracked Belsaw arbor bearing (saw side).  There are 4 bolt flange housings as well as 2 and 3  bolt available.  I assume the four bolt housing would be the strongest.  But the 3 bolt housing with the mounting holes below the bearing would get the arbor closer to the track which would give me greater cutting depth.  I cannot find anything that looks like the original Belsaw housing.  Is a "non fixed" bearing the same as an "expandable " bearing is the same as a self-aligning bearing?  Anyone out there who has successfully replaced Belsaw bearing housings? 

bandmiller2

Belsaw arbor bearings is not the place to "cheap out" and save a few bucks. Pillow block and flange bearings are built to a standard mount pattern. Take the bearing (all of the pieces) to a good industrial supply house and ask the man for the best unit that will conform to that mounting. If I ran a wood frame Belsaw I would bolt a piece of steel plate under the bearing flanges, extending out on both sides. Frank C.

Thank You Sponsors!