iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

logging video's

Started by rick f, February 19, 2011, 06:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick f

For those on facebook and are interested checkout Northern Maine Loggers. They have alot of video's taken almost daily in Northern Maine. I've tryed to link some here but I guess I don'y know what i'm doing.
This is by no means an attempt to undermine this site because it is really great.

Rick
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

beenthere

Old timers logging, or in recent history?

Here is one of a collection showing removal (?) of a large tamarack. A bit frustrated with the size vs the size of the skidder. Some ugly wood in that tree too, by the looks of the twist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5vWOf9GRnA&feature=related
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

rick f

nice butt stick. I was refering to Northern Maine Loggers on facebook
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

beenthere

What do you have to say about the video's you mentioned?

Tell us a bit about why you mentioned them. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

AvT

He must be talking about this

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Northern-Maine-Loggers/334835938691?v=wall

There are lots logging pictures ( about 900 albums) and videos (585) there.  Lots of followers (9000 likes)
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

inspectorwoody

Looks like a bunch of videos showing production, equipment etc.

The one I watched, they had a skidder get stuck in the snow pulling a log. The other grapple skidder attempted to pull it out. The one pulling got some air under the tires a few times.

Neat to see how things go in the woods.  :)

rick f

a
As I said I was talking about the group on facebook. Only because they are from Maine, about logging and the woods and some high quality video's that I thought some would like it see. I also placed a link to this forum for the followers on there.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

Thank You Sponsors!