iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logging Rates

Started by panlanrs, June 14, 2015, 03:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panlanrs

What is the going rate for contact logging in TN.,  West and Central. This is a select cut , all sawlogs. Thanks ahead.

so il logger

What all are you wanting to contract? Cutting, skidding. Or trucking the logs as well. And does the contractor have to buck to length and load? There are going to be different rates depending on how many machines and worker's it takes. Here in my area contract cutting, skidding, and bucking is averaging around 12 cents a bd ft doyle scale. Roughly 480.00 a semi load, that is just 2 guy's and one skidder

treeslayer2003

Quote from: so il logger on June 14, 2015, 08:42:24 PM
What all are you wanting to contract? Cutting, skidding. Or trucking the logs as well. And does the contractor have to buck to length and load? There are going to be different rates depending on how many machines and worker's it takes. Here in my area contract cutting, skidding, and bucking is averaging around 12 cents a bd ft doyle scale. Roughly 480.00 a semi load, that is just 2 guy's and one skidder
happy birthday John. youngan lol.

sandsawmill14

most i know of around here either buy the timber standing or log it on the 1/2s
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

so il logger

Quote from: treeslayer2003 on June 14, 2015, 08:43:30 PM
happy birthday John. youngan lol.
[/quote]

Thank's mike, I miss 21  :D

panlanrs

Labor only. My equipment. Cutting, skidding, bucking and hauling to mill yard.

so il logger

This may sound dumb but what kind of equipment are you supplying? Is the contractor doing the hauling? I can give you broken down rates of each step but I need more information  :) And pic's of the timber land would be great, who knows you may convince me to take a vacation  8)

Thank You Sponsors!