iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mill going out...

Started by HiTech, July 17, 2013, 01:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiTech

Another saw mill/dry kiln is going out of business July 31 in my area. Hear it employs 30 people. It was a place to take the evergreen species when in that area. Took some there last spring and it paid $250/275 per thousand. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. lol Guess expenses are too high and they can't make a profit. The Market is only so big and it has been flooded for awhile so demand is down. Modern machinery puts wood out way faster than it did 20 years ago. I guess there is always the chip market but I don't for see anyone getting rich there.

beenthere

The looming overhead of BO health care costs is likely giving many owners/managers of small operations some real headaches for keeping the doors open. Likely will be a real landslide of closures.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mark K

There's a soft woodmill going out not far from me, might be the same one. If it is the markets weren't there only problem. Sold them red and white pine for a while now.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!