iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer RS2 Resaw attachment. Used in conjunction with my WM LT15E10L

Started by saltydogs, March 30, 2017, 12:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saltydogs

Hello FF,
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi as i'm new to this forum.  My wife and i own and operate Saltydog Woodworks llc here in Oak Harbor WA.  We mostly do custom projects for folks that call.  We have our collection of projects on fb @ saltydogwoodworks if anyone would like to see what we're all about.  In all fairness, my wife is the true wood worker in our operation.  I handle most the graphics design and layout along with operating the technical equipment, ie. out Epilog Helix laser as well as our Legacy Explorer CNC. 
We are almost finished with the installation of our Woodmizer LT15E10L and cannot wait to see this 10hp 3phase motor in action!  The RS2 gives us a dual purpose machine.  We'll focus mainly on resawing lumber for projects such as photo engraving on maple.  I will be able to get more out of our lumber by resawing it down as needed for vector cutting parts with the laser and cnc machines. 
Say bye to vertical bandsaw resawing!!!  RS2 to the rescue. 
If anyone has questions or pointers, shoot!
Thanks for having me!!
Epilog Helix 60 watt laser. raster engraving and vector cutting
Legacy Explorer CNC 2d/3d raster carving and vector cutting
Woodmizer LT15E10L sawmill w/ RS2 resaw attachment and power feed.
State of the art wood working shop!!!  Saltydog Woodworks @ fb

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

saltydogs

If you're on fb then you can go to the SDWW page and have a look at the work we've done over the years.  Thanks for the reply. Mark
Epilog Helix 60 watt laser. raster engraving and vector cutting
Legacy Explorer CNC 2d/3d raster carving and vector cutting
Woodmizer LT15E10L sawmill w/ RS2 resaw attachment and power feed.
State of the art wood working shop!!!  Saltydog Woodworks @ fb

Bluejay27

If you find yourself sawing mostly wide stuff, you might want to swap the drive sprockets in the resaw from 12 (by 3/4" bore) and 16 (by 1" bore) to a 10 and 20 respectively (size 40 chain). This bumps up the torque a lot so you'll get more consistent feed rates without the belt speeding up between cuts and potentially overloading at the start of the next cut.

Although, the AC version might not have this issue as much (different torque curve than DC).
'98 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD42 Super, '08 LT40HDG28, '15 LT70HDD55-RW, '93 Clark GPX25 Forklift, '99 Ford F550

Thank You Sponsors!