iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pull through delimbers

Started by timber9495, January 26, 2016, 09:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timber9495

Hi all new to this

I am looking at pull through Delimbers    and talked to a few about the stripper.  My operation is mostly fire wood mainly white birch and  a few aspen and a few spruce saw
logs..  I was told it  do great in softwood but in hardwood they say up to 2 inch limbs. The birch occasionally has bigger limbs.  3 to 4 inch I say is average. Will any pull through work for what I need.  hood 24000 loader I be using. Or am I better to do it by hand till  I can afford a dangle head processor.   

Thanks

kiko

I see loggers all the time processing hard wood with a pull through and buck saw.  Add a grapple saw , even better.

timber9495

What pull through is best just looking for opinions
So that stripper will handle  hardwood limbs 3 to 4 " ?  If not what one will

thanks

DDW_OR

I am also looking for a De-limber. equipment i have are: bobcat 331 excavator, Mahindra 5520 tractor with Farmi winch. will be used on White Cedar up to 12 inch diameter.
"let the machines do the work"

loggah

I had a stripper for 5 or 6 years ,and i  imagine it may work with hardwood limbs 3" or 4" in diameter with enough loader ,but would be very hard on one. they work best on soft wood and small hardwood. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

tj240

i never ran the stripper, but saw one work. it did great in softwood had to work o n hardwood.  i have ran other hyd, delimbers and the will do hardwood. the 2400 will pull them thru, but a 3 inch limb is pretty big for hardwood. a good loader with sharp delimber knives will do it , but it is hard. easier to tell the skidder guy cut off the big ones. good luck they work good but they will tear apart if you use them wrong.
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

timber9495

What's your thoughts on CSI delimer or what the best one out their for small hardwoods

saw this video seemed to work ok in hardwoods

PTD-203 Delimber: http://youtu.be/VHAI8KYp2qA

Thanks

Thank You Sponsors!