iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Peavey is Jealous

Started by Raphael, May 14, 2010, 12:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raphael

I've got a new toy tool for sorting logs.

It's a new 2009 Kubota L39TLB that has been making short work of sorting my bone yard.
8) 8) 8)

Mechanical thumb.

Forklift/Grapple.
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Jeff

Mr. Peavey ain't the only one that's jealous.  >:( ;) :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

Wow!  That's a fine looking machine!  That is gonna make a huge difference in your life.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Warbird

Very nice piece of equipment!  Is it easy to remove the mechanical thumb from the backhoe, so you can use it for digging, too?

submarinesailor

I'll bet your back feels better already.  I know mine would.

Nice looking toy/tool.

Bruce

Burlkraft

That is awesome!  8)  8)  8)

I just got a M70 Kubota with a grapple bucket. I can pick logs with ease now.

Congrats, it looks like the start of a wonderful relationship  ;D  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Chuck White

It's a beauty! smiley_lips
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

nas

Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Raphael

Thank you guys,
I'm still in a bit of shock that SWMBO gave the go ahead on this particular tractor.
They had a used 3490 for $10k less (and ~500# less backhoe capacity) that I figured was what I'd end up with.  I think the FOPs on the L39 made the biggest difference in her mind.

Quote from: Warbird on May 14, 2010, 01:24:12 AM
Very nice piece of equipment!  Is it easy to remove the mechanical thumb from the backhoe, so you can use it for digging, too?

It's pretty simple, the thumb pins back flat to the boom so it's out of the way while digging.

Deb shot some video of me pulling fence posts with it, I'll give you guys a heads up once it's posted.
Wish I had footage of it moving my monster Ash log yesterday, 12' x 34", it was right out at the limit...
... he was middle aged,
--Godley & Creme

fishpharmer

Good investment. Great machine.  Several years ago I rented a small Kubota B21 TLB for a few weekends.  It was an amazingly capable machine for its small size.   L39 could only be better. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WDH

"That is sweet!", he said, with a jealous tone in his voice. :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I'm not sure, but I really don't think that this is fair  ???  Congratulations !!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

customsawyer

You won't never be the same again. The longer you own a good piece of equipment the more you learn you can do with it and less you can do with out it. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

zopi

Wait 'til she finds out how easy it is to garden with that backhoe..it'll never quit running then...I worked up a 20' garden bed with my backhoe the other day in about 5 minutes...

I am envious of the thumb...need one of those.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Raphael

Quote from: zopi on May 16, 2010, 10:16:20 AM
Wait 'til she finds out how easy it is to garden with that backhoe..it'll never quit running then...I worked up a 20' garden bed with my backhoe the other day in about 5 minutes...

I am envious of the thumb...need one of those.

She's already talking wildflower beds along the driveway.  :D

The thumb is just awesome, worth every penny and then some.
... he was middle aged,
--Godley & Creme

OneWithWood

Very nice piece of equipment.  I want one  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

WDH

Uh oh, look out!  Robert usually gets what he wants  :D.  I foresee a new machine in his future too ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raphael

Funny how new equipment is infectious that way...  :D
Of course now I need a heavier trailer and more powerful truck to haul it. ;)
... he was middle aged,
--Godley & Creme

Thank You Sponsors!