iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E-Zee cord

Started by splitter, October 25, 2007, 02:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

splitter

Anyone out there tried to build a shear like the E-Zee Cord shear? If anyone knows anyone that owns a E-Zee cord machine in North Carolina or the nearby states please let me know. Would be interested in any or all information pertaining to this machine. Thanks for your help. SPLITTER

beenthere

splitter
Welcome to the Forum.
Not tried to build one...

But there was a thread back in the day on this forum discussing the E-Zee cord..

'03 Forum thread on E-Zee cord
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

splitter

Thanks, have read the 03 threads. I have built wood splitters etc. but believe the e-zee cord would be very helpful to me. Have a outside wood furance and plenty of wood. I would like very much to see one, a picture is worth a thousand words but to see is best. Would like very much to find some one that I could visit by apointment. Thanks for your reply.

beenthere

Did you watch their video's at their web site?
Not the same as close up and hands on.  Maybe contact the company to find out where they are setting up at a show.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

splitter

Have watched E-Z Cord video. Don't know how to find a show.  Anyone have any info? Thanks in advance

Jeff

I remember that they tried to spam the forum is what I remember.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawdust

Correct me if I'm wrong here, these things like a huge pruner. Does that not take just a phenominal amount of power? I would think that the blade would bend all over the place.

sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

splitter

The blade is hardened steel 5/8 of a inch thick, cant bend. It also fits in two guides, that keeps it straight. I'm going to use AR135 steel almost like a axe blade. Splitter

sawdust

sounds like a good design, the guides hold it like a guillotine. I had been thinking overgrown scissors.

sawdust

splitter

Sawdust, go to the E-Zee cord sight and watch the video you won't be disappointed. Great video. It also takes a 28 gal 2 stage pump and you need a 18 or better HP motor. Splitter

sawdust

I see it crushes it badly enough in the cutting process that it also splits it as a side effect.
Have you ever looked at the cord king, from ontario? To dream.

sawdust

splitter

Sawdust, I mostly interested in cutting the wood to length, feeding a outside wood furnace. Don't have to split much of anything if I can pick it up. I did look at the cord king. To much machine for me to build, and to expensive I'm sure. Splitter 

karl

splitter
Had thoughts of building one myself- mainly for slabs to burn in my outdoor boiler.
Also to whack edgings and off rips into kindling for sale.

Project keeps getting pushed back down the list of "things to do to make my life easier"
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

splitter

Karl, I'd be glad to share what little information I know about the E-Zee cord. I guess you have watched the video. I have started mine but sure would like to take a look at one. I'm not sure about the space the blade has at the bottom of the stroke where the wood lays. Don't want to make a wedge out of the wood you are cutting. Any information you will share will be greatly appreciated. Splitter

splitter

woodmills 1, you stated in an 03 thread that the bottom where the wood lays should be v-ed so not to clog etc. Would you share your knowledge with me about building a e-zee cord?I am still looking for information to locate one so I can visit maybe and see one of these machines in person. I appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks SPLITTER

Thank You Sponsors!