iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Price per cord?

Started by gman98, August 07, 2016, 06:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman98

What would you guys say would be a good average price per cord to charge for cut ,split, and seasoned birch, maple, and beech firewood?

Thanks
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

jdonovan

as much as you can get for it.

The price of firewood is SO variable from area to area its hard to even start to guess without knowing your location.

gman98

Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

bigblue12v

Quote from: jdonovan on August 07, 2016, 07:13:40 PM
as much as you can get for it.

The price of firewood is SO variable from area to area its hard to even start to guess without knowing your location.
For example, here I can only sell hardwood, and it only brings $150/cord green. You can't hardly buy seasoned wood here no one lets it sit that long. Customers burn wood that was cut within months. What creosote? lol
Lots of junk not enough time.. full time mechanic part time logger, firewood junkie, outside boiler owner, meat smoker enthusiast, fabricator, dad, husband

stratton

Hey, Here in flatland ct I charge $250 cord. That is over two years seasoned,cut split delivered. Thats a really good deal for southern ct. Luke.

Corley5

$180.00 a cord/ $60.00 a 16" face cord green around here seems average.  There's lows and highs though.  Delivery may or may not be included in that price.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

glassman_48

gman,
I charge 3 times whatever I pay a logger per pulp cord, as example if I pay $750 for 10 pulp cords ($75 per pulp cord) then I charge $225.00 a pulp cord plus delivery.  My prices vary from 70 a pulp cord low end up to 85 a pulp cord.  I paid as high as $100 per pulp cord a couple of years ago that was 1.5 years old.  That's when I quit selling firewood :)  We cant get 300 a pulp cord around here so I just got some for family. 

OH logger

150/full cord here and wouldnt  complain if someone wanted to pay me twice that :D
john

xalexjx

$210 full cord in upstate ny delivered locally
Logging and Processed Firewood

Raider Bill

$65 a rick delivered and stacked
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

rjwoelk

Here in the land of no trees we get 425 to over 500. but we got to haul it 5 hrs in 16 ft lengths to get it.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

John Mc

I've got a friend here in the Champlain Valley of VT that sells seasoned (really seasoned, ready to burn) hardwood firewood for $350 a cord delivered locally. He usually sells all he can make (he is not in this full time). Last year was 250 cords. He's wondering if the 250 cords he has this year will all sell, since so many folks have wood leftover from the very mild winter last year. $300 seems to be more of an average price for fully seasoned, sometimes you can find it for less. He gets a premium, since folks know when he says it's seasoned, it really is.

Green ranges from $180 to $250. The low end of that scale tends to be guys selling firewood for beer money. The upper end tends to be guys who are more serious about it, or who are closer to some of the wealthier areas.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

GRANITEstateMP

Here in my part of NH I'm getting $220 - $240 per cord (128cu ft)green mixed hardwood, cut, split, and delivered (within 10ish miles). We'll custom cut length anywhere from 14-22in on the processor. I run almost everything through a small tractor mounted processor and the loggers and truckers know this, and usually bring me really nice loads.  I might pay a little more for the "processor" wood but in the end it saves me time and time is money too!This year I've been averaging about $122 per cord of log length wood delivered to my log yard / landing.  I do some seasoned wood, which we will cut and then hand stack on pallets, and season.  The seasoned / dry wood sells for $315 - $350 a cord delivered, depends on the time of year and demand...
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Al_Smith

Probably around 175 a cord locally .In a recent trip to the scenic Hocking Hills area of Ohio it looks like they are getting a tad over 300 a cord for campfire wood selling about a 3 ft by 3 ft cube for 30 bucks.

Rather interesting,log piles everywhere,conveyors and processors galore .That area looks like West Va.Not much grain farming,too steep.Pasture lands and trees and crooked roads .

Ken

The price here in my region runs from $225-275/cord delivered mostly green.  There seems to be a lot more new suppliers this year in the low range.  I'm at the high end and have no intention of selling cheap.  Most of the new guys are buying long length wood and processing it.  Many won't be around next year.  I had no intention of reducing my long length price although the price of pulp is dropping so I may have to reconsider a bit.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

woodmills1

oil is still down, I stayed at 200 per fat cord green delivered to less than 15 miles.  I can sell all i produce all year long.  Not :D :D  fun  >:( >:( to make but always pays the overhead and the IRS and the property tax
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

coxy

the norm here is 175 for a full cord of green  4x4x8 16in      there is a guy in town that has lots of money but will not buy enough wood to last all winter  so we keep 4extra  full cord of dry wood for him at the end of jan first part of feb he runs out we charge him 325 a cord for it you would think he would get smart but no   says he my die and not burn it all  ::)

lynde37avery

$230 green $250 seasoned. 16" split.
Detroit WHAT?

jaygtree

$225 for a full cord (3 face cords)  seasoned and delivered within 12 miles.
i thought i was wrong once but i wasn't.   atv, log arch, chainsaw and ez boardwalk jr.

BEEMERS

$50 per face cord dry oak picked up $65 per face cord delivered..and not very far.

Corley5

$300.00 for five face cords of green hardwood delivered and dumped within a reasonable distance of my operation.  I get calls daily from people looking for dry/seasoned wood.  Somehow they forgot that winter is coming  ::)  I don't feel bad at all telling them all I've got is green fresh cut wood and they may not be happy with it 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  I've got five face cords of boiler wood for a client and my own firewood and I'm done for the season 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Bill Saf

Around here $100 Green $150 per full cord seasoned wood

brianJ

I get 165 delivered.   Try to get a commitment for next year.   I will cut and splt this fall winter and they have to take delivery in June and July.   They stack it up in a dry place exposed to wind and I know it'll be seasoned.

millcreek40

$180 a cord truck carries two full cord. Most everyone buys two cord at a time. $250 a cord seasoned. Both come with FREE gravity stacking. Just the way it dumps out of the truck  👍
Two 240A Timberjacks, Mack log truck, Multitek 2040 wood processor.

Thank You Sponsors!