iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I forwarded this to all Stihl owners 😂

Started by BargeMonkey, August 23, 2018, 09:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Just something to laugh at. Probably wasn't to funny for that guy. 😂

mike_belben

Time to buy a jack for switchin your leans bub.
Praise The Lord

thecfarm

I only have 3 wedges. I run a husky,was not me. looks like aways from here. His chaps are high for this area.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Southside

If...uhh..ugg..oh boy... Maybe should have used the phone as one last wedge instead of an evidence collector.

And just how many bars does this guy drag into the woods with his 100 wedges?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

nativewolf

now the funny thing is I didn't even notice the bars at first, just the orange glow of wedge's.  Then I noticed the tape on his belt, [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better] that is a real loggers tape.  

What a day he's had.  That's when you need is a skidder with a grapple or blade (and why I don't cut some trees ..I'm chicken..but not stupid). 
Liking Walnut

sawguy21

Maybe he should have used the wedges before he got the bars stuck. I don't want to be anywhere near that one when it comes down.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

charles mann

I think before getting my last bar stuck, i would have cut from the other side. if you stick 2x cutting from the same side, why do a third? that is the prime definition of insanity.
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Skeans1

Almost looks like he's cleaning up someone else's mess especially with the line down it could of been a guy line stump or tail hold. 

sprucebunny

I don't see any notches ??? Or sawdust evidence of them.

Pedal pusher chaps !!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Skeans1

firefighter ontheside

I can't come up with anything good to say about this.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

teakwood

What a moron. i'm with sprucebunny, where are the notches? Was he trying to fall the tree with just a backcut 

Very funny pic!
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

teakwood

I imagine this guy goes into the woods with a wheelbarrow so he can easily carry 12 bars and 50 pounds of wedges  
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

petefrom bearswamp

I too missed the bars at first look.
As for chaps, ours are high water too, Labonville which I ordered by inseam length as I buy trousers, but labonville measures from the waist evidently.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

mike_belben

Dont be too hard on the fella.   Youre looking at a professional tree service guy having a bad day.  Amateurs dont own three 16" wedges or logger tapes or real bull ropes or that many bar and chains ready to go.  If he was an idiot we'd be looking at a carnage pic.  They can still call in a craneor bucket truck. its not an insurance claim yet.   

Weve all misjudged trees and gotten bars pinched before.  I screw up all the time. 

And hey, he could be playing Xbox in his pajamas, waiting on pizza and drugs to show up for his disability check.  Least he gotta outta bed. 
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Quote from: teakwood on August 24, 2018, 08:11:45 AM
What a moron. i'm with sprucebunny, where are the notches? Was he trying to fall the tree with just a backcut

Very funny pic!
If he put in a notch that tree would go over. The lean needs changed first and they thought they could wedge it but dont have the right gear.  It needed a jack and a high line.
Praise The Lord

ehp

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Wudman

How about "Ax Men" style - made for TV?  I don't think anybody carries 3 bars and 15 wedges to the woods with them.  I couldn't find that many wedges on my logging jobs combined.  I would say the picture is staged.  With those wedges and the size of that tree, he could stand it back up if it was laying flat. 

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Gary_C

I don't think that saw in the lower cut is stuck at all. There is a good gap in that cut and most likely the logger was contemplating his next move. If he cuts any deeper, most likely the last holding wood will snap and the tree will come back where he did not want it. So his best approach is to keep pounding wedges till it goes over. Yes, a notch would have made it easier to wedge over but as deep as he has cut it's not the time to change methods.

I guess none of the critics have ever tried the quick and dirty way to fell a tree by simply cutting straight thru and wedging it over. "Hold my beer and watch this."   :o :o

I've never tried it on a pine quite that big but smaller trees I've just cut and pushed.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Stuart Caruk

You guys are too quick to judge. Looks like something my neighbor would have done, then realized he'd screwed up,then comes over for help before he kills himself.

The guy in chaps could have been the friend he asked for help, who just had to take a photo while figuring out how to solve the mess. After all, wouldn't you?

Very few people take pictures of their own screwups, but many take pictures when their friends do.

The real curious issue would be how would you bring that tree down now without killing yourself. It's not like you're going to reach up and cut a felling notch now... are you?

I'd get  the excavator and push the sucker over myself.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Skeans1

It's not that uncommon to put a back cut in with a wedge or two to get some lift on back leaners then put a face in. A cold thing about Doug fir is that hinge will still hold even with those extra cuts in it.

dnash

Looks like a couple loggers had some spare time on their hands and made a funny pic...a real head scratcher lol
JD 440C
JD 640D
Timberjack 205HR
JD 329E skidsteer
JD CT322 skidsteer

Plankton

Looks to me the face cut is on the side we cant see, I feel like most people who have cut trees long enough have been there at some point maybe not quite so many wedges/bars though. I know I have. looks like a bad day but makes for a funny photo

Thank You Sponsors!