iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

more cold logs

Started by wannasaw, December 28, 2010, 06:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannasaw

Avt welcome and congrats on the supernice 70 I didn't want intrude on your post with a little different matter.This weekend was unusually cold here in Ga 25 yesterday and 19 this morning. Anyway the cants would bow up in the center of the bed while still 7 to 8" thick. Not having any experience with cold logs we hunted every thing on the saw that could be wrong. Finally we figured (or became less ignorant) the cants were arching up off the bed and turning them 180 helped for another board or two and then up it would go again sometimes as much as 1/8. Sometimes it would stay down after the initial flip but most cants were 2 flips to saw out. Am I correct that this was due to the cold. Also the stickers were bowing also which they haven't til now.  LT28 Green cypress. Thanks, MJ
LT28 70something Int'l Backhoe loader  Kubota L285, Husky 55, F-250 7.3, 12'x6' single axle trailer, Kubota RTV900 w/remote hyd. Iron will...

laffs

we dont have cypress up here. sounds more like stress  to me.
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

wannasaw

Thanks Laffs, We considered that but weve been sawing on site for 7-8 weekends and this is the first trouble besides the drive belt got a little loose a couple of weekends ago.
LT28 70something Int'l Backhoe loader  Kubota L285, Husky 55, F-250 7.3, 12'x6' single axle trailer, Kubota RTV900 w/remote hyd. Iron will...

Thank You Sponsors!