iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Parts for Aluminum LT 20

Started by stiff202, December 30, 2010, 03:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiff202

High I am new to this forum and was wandering if any of you know where I might find some parts to an old LT 20. I am looking for an extra base platform/ log holder. It is made with three attachment spots but only came with two bases and I would like to add a third one so I can cut long and short logs with out moving things around.  Thanks also for letting me join the forum. Thanks Ron

Tom

Those old mills were being looked for by Woodmizer to use in their Missionary work and are mostly all called up.  They might be interested in a trade.  I doubt you will find parts in the public, but Woodmizer can probably help you.

paul case

got any wood ? could you make one?

welcome to the forum. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum  8)

Does your mill look like this one in the Wood-Mizer museum in Indy?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

D Hagens

Hey Bibbyman, could you post a link to the museum? :)

Bibbyman

Quote from: D Hagens on December 30, 2010, 09:00:33 PM

Sure... 

Wood-Mizer Products, Inc.
8180 West 10th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46214

When you go into the front lobby, ask whoever's at the desk directions to the museum.

Just messin' with you. These pictures come from my own tour of the museum.  I've never seen a link to the museum on their web site.

Sawing since '94

stiff202

Yes  My LT 20 looks just like that picture. That one looks a little newer than mine. That one looks brand new. My has been used quit a bit but is in great working condition.

Ron

D Hagens

Quote from: Bibbyman on December 30, 2010, 11:54:26 PM
Quote from: D Hagens on December 30, 2010, 09:00:33 PM

Sure... 

Wood-Mizer Products, Inc.
8180 West 10th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46214

When you go into the front lobby, ask whoever's at the desk directions to the museum.

Just messin' with you. These pictures come from my own tour of the museum.  I've never seen a link to the museum on their web site.

Are these the only pics you have or do you have more? I looked in your photos and only saw the two. :)

Bibbyman

Quote from: D Hagens on December 31, 2010, 12:03:48 AM
Are these the only pics you have or do you have more? I looked in your photos and only saw the two. :)

These pictures were taken during the 25'Th anniversary tour.  I looked through my photos too and only see these two too. 

I know I have a picture of serial #1 they bought back and restored.  But it was taken when it was brought outside for show and tell.

Many others went on the tour that day and have been through the WM museum.  Maybe they have a more complete collection of photos of the total museum. 

Wood-Mizer did have a photo album kind of deal on their old web site that included pictures of the 25'Th anniversary celebration.  I don't see it on the new one.
Sawing since '94

D Hagens

Quote from: Bibbyman on December 31, 2010, 06:35:30 AM

These pictures were taken during the 25'Th anniversary tour.  I looked through my photos too and only see these two too. 

I know I have a picture of serial #1 they bought back and restored.  But it was taken when it was brought outside for show and tell.

Many others went on the tour that day and have been through the WM museum.  Maybe they have a more complete collection of photos of the total museum. 

Wood-Mizer did have a photo album kind of deal on their old web site that included pictures of the 25'Th anniversary celebration.  I don't see it on the new one.

Hey Bibbyman, you have good standings with Wood Mizer :) Do you think they could send you pics? It would be interesting to see what they have in the museum. :)

Bibbyman

Quote from: D Hagens on December 31, 2010, 01:45:11 PM
Quote from: Bibbyman on December 31, 2010, 06:35:30 AM

Hey Bibbyman, you have good standings with Wood Mizer :) Do you think they could send you pics? It would be interesting to see what they have in the museum. :)

Let me think on that before I ask.  How about a video tour?  Like YouTube??
Sawing since '94

D Hagens

Yeah a vid would be cool too :) I wonder why they don't have a site for the museum ???

smalltreesdave

I think the reason there are only two "dogs" is if this mill is placed on an uneven surface, getting all three to be the same heighth/angle would be a nightmare.
Enjoy this day, it will not come again.

Thank You Sponsors!