iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oops!

Started by Sheepkeeper, October 19, 2019, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheepkeeper

<br
I guess I can tick this off the list of things that will>happen some day.  :D I used two boards to span the loader arms to load it on to the mill and just as it came off the loader I realised that I had forgotten to raise the manual backstops. It didn't roll fast but I still couldn't get there in time to stop it. Of course the customer was watching.  :D Had to use the FEL to get it back up on the mill.
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

Banjo picker

I am long since passed that one.  It has been a while but I am sure I will get back around to it.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WV Sawmiller

I'm sure glad I've never done anything like that (At least not when anyone was around to see it :D).
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Banjo picker

@WV Sawmiller that is when you will do it.  Get you an audience and things will go wrong.  That's why I usually just shut the mill down when someone comes up. Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WV Sawmiller

Yes and the bigger the audience the bigger and more impressive the mistake you will make has been my experience. :D Kind of like when we were in school and there was some real cute girl you were trying to impress. That's when you'd fall flat on your face.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

KenMac

Happened to me for the first time when a good friend stopped by to see the mill cut a log. He has a LT15. We both just laughed about it. :D
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

Magicman

Surely is funnier when someone else does it.  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

Wondering how you saw with the fender on?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

WV Sawmiller

The fender was left on to protect the tire from run-away logs. :D :D
Howard Green

Chuck White

I've done that twice, both times, only the offbearer and myself were there, "honest"!

The only thing I've ever worried about was breaking the feed chain!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

KenMac

Quote from: Magicman on October 19, 2019, 03:49:28 PM
Surely is funnier when someone else does it.  :D
Might as well laugh about it.....that's less messy than crying! Besides I just picked it up with my tractor and set it back on  the mill. No damage to anything except my pride.
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

Cjross73

I just did this yesterday demonstrating the log loading process to my step son. No pics but I got to cross that off the list
LT40, Stihl saw, Old green tractor

Southside

At this time, on the advice of council, I wish to invoke my 5th Amendment right not to say anything on the grounds I may incriminate myself.   :-X
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Banjo picker

Any time someone takes the fifth....we immediately assume they are guilty.  So you might as well come clean.  Banjo

Magicman

I probably have ~6 of them on my "scoreboard",  2-3 pictured here on the FF.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

The ones you throw off the mill with a chain turner and completely clear the tire - those are the ones you remember.   ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Nebraska

It's really irritating to roll on off your manual mill while using you can't hook. At least from what I gather. No witnesses.

WDH

Mr. Sheepkeeper, Sir,

I hate it when that happens :).  

BTW, this is the modified Robert's Reverse Roll Quartersawing Technique (RRRQS).  It requires a few more detailed steps than the one described in the manual  ;D.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

terrifictimbersllc

I see nothing!!!
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Old Greenhorn

AH! You guys with all that fancy powered equipment! Now us manual load and mill guys may be slow, but I for myself, have never rolled a log off like that. We are thoughtful and careful.  ;D :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

GAB

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on October 20, 2019, 08:07:45 AM
AH! You guys with all that fancy powered equipment! Now us manual load and mill guys may be slow, but I for myself, have never rolled a log off like that. We are thoughtful and careful.  ;D :D
Unless you rid yourself of the mill yesterday, just like me, your turn is coming.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

GAB

Quote from: WDH on October 20, 2019, 07:16:53 AM
Mr. Sheepkeeper, Sir,

I hate it when that happens :).  

BTW, this is the modified Robert's Reverse Roll Quartersawing Technique (RRRQS).  It requires a few more detailed steps than the one described in the manual  ;D.  
Danny:
For some reason I think you got the wrong lever.  Got the log stop one instead of the clamp one.
Sure hope it does not take too long to rebuild you pride.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: GAB on October 20, 2019, 12:52:56 PM
Quote from: Old Greenhorn on October 20, 2019, 08:07:45 AM
AH! You guys with all that fancy powered equipment! Now us manual load and mill guys may be slow, but I for myself, have never rolled a log off like that. We are thoughtful and careful.  ;D :D
Unless you rid yourself of the mill yesterday, just like me, your turn is coming.
GAB
No doubt! But today was not that day. Instead I chose a different 'first time for that'. I found some barbed wire....... the hard way. :-[ :-[
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Sheepkeeper

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on October 19, 2019, 05:03:30 PM
Wondering how you saw with the fender on?
Easy, it's not in the way and I just step a little wider to get around it. I only leave it on when I'm sawing at home, on mobile jobs it comes off.
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

terrifictimbersllc

Just surprised that the head clears the fender.  On my mills there is about 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 " clearance above the tire itself in a setup where most of the weight is taken off of the tire.  No way the head can pass by a fender.  Lt40 super or LT70 super

Thank You Sponsors!