iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Knothole projects.

Started by redbeard, January 13, 2012, 11:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbeard

I like to save some of the interesting knotholes for some bird houses. My goal is to put a bird house on all my fence posts. It will be ongoing. 

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

I don't have fence posts,so I put them around a rock or a stone wall. I have between 25-30 now. You will enjoy the birds when they find them. Making the houses for any birds or just want certain ones? I rough up the inside,below the hole with the claw of a hammer to give the young ins something to grip onto.
By the way,was that from Big and Ugly?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

That is a neat idea for birdhouses, and a very nice job also.  Your project always seem to have a unique touch.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

Well done, I like it.  Made me take a look at the scrap pile.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

A very creative and a very good idea!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

jamesamd

All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

redbeard

These bird houses were a hit with a bunch of garden club folks sold a couple  and got a couple more orders. I want to do some small sheds with this wimsical hobbit style building its alot of fun. I got the ideas from steveblanchardwoodsculptures.com

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Woodchuck53

Nice job. What type of wood is the first picture (house) made of?
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Norm

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Redbeard, like "Foghorn Leghorn" would say, " I say, I say, boy......ya got a talent there!"

Very nice birdhouses. And the way you took your pictures of it, looks like you have a little photo talent in ya too.

smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

Keep the pics coming!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Rknox

With 5 miles of fence post I will have a lifetime of building bird houses. May start today!
LT40HD, Kamatsu 45,Takeushi TL150, Ford 550 backhoe, Cat 931 loader, Ford 700 dump truck, Ford 9600 tractor, Isuzu rollback, 1982 Chevy Luv Diesel, New Holland 6610 tractor, etc

CHARLIE

I like it!  Great idea and I especially like the name, Knothole project.  8)  You make some nice looking birdhouses too.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!