iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cold

Started by treechopper40, January 07, 2014, 10:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treechopper40

hi all I don't know about you guys but weve had enough cold here lately ice wind and rain what a crazy winter -20 one day and 40 the next ive seen a lot but this is nuts
1979 c5d treefarmer 1966 c5b treefarmer prentice g model loader 2 6100 dolmars a 6400 dolmar and a 7910 dolmar 2012 ford f 250 4x4 with a service body and 2 golden retreivers

luvmexfood

Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

David-L

-1 and this ain't no fun.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Woodboogah

+4 this morning but still windy.  The dog is fueling my procrastination this morning.  On my second pot of coffee and woodstove is cranking.  No motivation to mess with starting the skidder.  Maybe I will run errands for my wife, maybe.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Firewoodjoe

A lot better today. -13 yesterday. We let the machines run all night

Woodboogah

Couldn't take not being in the woods.  Came to jobsite and now fooling with the machine to start. Truck is reading 15 now.  Joys of cold weather logging.  I wouldn't give it up though.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Autocar

I started my skidder today and plowed my drives , I have logs laying under snow and considered reloading the skidder to plow them out but I can't get them hauled before it drifts shut again so Iam going to run some timber the next few days and wait to see what the long term predictions are.
Bill

jmouton

it was -13 or so mon and tue  now wed  it got up to 15 for a high ,  a heat wave  here around  detroit

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

treechopper40

looks like we got a week or more of below 0 weather coming to northern ny this week again winter can end anytime for me this winter has been tuff for all the local loggers snow and 25 below one day the next day its 50 and raining just makes it rough for everyone
1979 c5d treefarmer 1966 c5b treefarmer prentice g model loader 2 6100 dolmars a 6400 dolmar and a 7910 dolmar 2012 ford f 250 4x4 with a service body and 2 golden retreivers

BargeMonkey

I will 2nd that one. My DRY firewood pile is just about gone and I dont think the cold is done yet.

thecfarm

It's a coming again. But at least this time it's when it should be that cold. Not 2-3 weeks ago.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

David-L

No Frost at all here in Central Mass, just mud. Hoping for some cold nights this week to wrap some work out. Hate mucking things up to bad.

David l

clww

Wish it would get cold and stay cold here. Rain, groundwater saturation, and mud is all we're dealing with since November. I haven't run a saw in almost a month. >:(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

David-L

Last week was mud and now it's -4 out there with wind. Outdoor wood boiler is pumping hard. yesterday it was 8 degrees when I started the 225 and the solenoid was stuck and I had to wrap it a few times while doing the screwdriver start direct at the starter. maybe time to take a look at that solenoid. It's never acted up before so i am going to blame it on the cold. Should be fun today.

David l

Stephen Alford

Spent some time wandering on the beech last weekend,today were in the middle of a blizzard. Good day to sort and clean the truck,should be quite the treasure hunt.  :-\
logon

David-L

Nice pic Stephen, Whenever i can't find something I look in my office. ( truck front seat ). it's amazing what I find. That three week old P and J sandwich never tasted better.

David l

Stephen Alford

The food stuffs seemed well preserved due to the temps.  So glad to get things organized.  The  day was made when I found that  complete set of lost "STUPID" keys.   :D
logon

coxy

Quote from: David-L on January 22, 2014, 08:07:54 AM
Nice pic Stephen, Whenever i can't find something I look in my office. ( truck front seat ). it's amazing what I find. That three week old P and J sandwich never tasted better.

David l
food its every where  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

timberlinetree

Working yesterday was wearing a bandana around my face. I started to notice blurted vision in my left eye. The cause was steam from my breathing started to form ice on my eyelashes. I don't mind the cold as long as I'm working. :)
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!