iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

UPS Driver / Gotta love 'em!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 21, 2012, 05:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My Dad and I were getting a fresh cooked burger for lunch at the country store right down the road from the mill. There was about 4 or 5 of us sitting st the table.
In walks the guy that used to deliver my re-sharp blades to me.

He walks up, shakes my hand......How have you been, blah, blah , blah.....This guy is SUPER nice and has always looked after my WM stuff when it was delivered.

He says, "David.....I almost messed up awhile ago". So I started a friendly laugh and said, "Uh oh....What did ya do?"

He said in a normal tone of voice," I went to unload a Big Screen HD T.V. for your Brother. He ordered the T.V. for Ya'lls Dad for Christmas. (I did not know this ) I went to unload it and I realized just in time that I was at your Dad's house and not your Brother's. So I closed the door right fast and went across the road to your Brother's house and delivered it. Boy that was a close one".

Now my Dad is sitting right beside me.......

I'm busting a gut by now......and say, "Have you met my Dad?

That's when "BROWN went DOWN!"

We got a kick out of it......my Brother doesn't know yet.  ;D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

haywire woodlot

Dave

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thurlow

I love it!!  My niece and nephew (19 and 11 years old) were visiting from out of town;  we picked up swmbo from work and we all went to lunch at the only half-way decent restaurant in town.  Saw 4 UPS drivers come in together and sit at a table at the back of the room;  one of 'em was 'ours';  super nice guy who I invited into the house a couple of weeks ago to see our wood stove, 'cause he'd commented on the wood stored in the barn and smoke rising from the chimney.  I walked back there and said very sternly, "I'm not making any threats, but my neighbor says that a UPS driver is carrying on with my wife;  it better not be one of you guys."  The other 3 looked stunned, but 'ours' busted out laughing............
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Larry

Yeah but I bet your UPS guy can't sing near as good as ours. :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PJJ8tH00UbY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:christmas:

Brought to you by UPS out of Springdale Arkansas.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That was cute Larry.....but mine was singing the BLUES.....NOT Christmas Carols. :laugh:

Leigh Family Farm

First time I laughed out loud while reading this forum. Though not the first time my wife looked at me like I was crazy when she saw me!  :christmas:
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Busy Beaver Lumber

You should have offered him some warm water, soap, and a towel in case he wanted to wash his foot before he put it in his mouth. :o
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Busy Beaver Lumber on December 22, 2012, 04:22:19 PM
You should have offered him some warm water, soap, and a towel in case he wanted to wash his foot before he put it in his mouth. :o

:laugh:

Thank You Sponsors!