iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

60th annual Lake States Logging Congress

Started by Corley5, January 15, 2005, 02:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

I was looking through my Jan issue of http://www.timberlinemag.com/ and in the Dates to Remember Section came across this http://www.timberpa.com/loggingcongress/index.html  Mark it on your calendars.  
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

pasbuild

Thats going to be real EZ for me to attend  ;)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Corley5

We're planning on being there on Friday.  Chet's gonna be there and even with a blown tranny pasbuild can make it ;)  Anybody else going ???  It's coming up fast now :o

Ron Scott

I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Will be camping in Marquette at the Tourist Park. Made reservations today.
~Ron

CosmoPack

The Prentice Knuckleboom Loader competition wil be held at this show.  If you are at least 18, and can operate a knuckleboom loader, you can sign up to operate a new Prentice Knuckleboom loader and compete for trophies and cash prizes.  This is a real neat contest to watch and to compete in as well.

A $5.00 entry fee is collected and all entry fees are matched by Blount, Inc and given to Log-a-Load for kids.  We operate this show several times a year at different logging shows around the country.

The contest consists of moving eight wood "checkers" from one checkerboard to the next and then back to the first board.  Everyone that enters gets a contest hat and the top ten finishers get cash prizes.  The top five compete in the trophy contest for the final finish with trophies for 1-2-3 and jackets for all five. 

Jeff

Looks like I will be a no show on this one.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Corley5

8) 8)  We'll be there either Friday or Saturday.  Dee, Zach, and I are going to camp on Thursday evening.  Depending on the weather Dad may go up with us if it's going to rain on Sat. and we'll go to the show on Friday.  If it looks like the weather is going to be good on Sat then Dad will come up with Mom on Friday evening and we'll go to Marquette Sat.  Camp is 25 miles east of Munising.  What day might you go Jeff ???

Jeff

It depends.  I have a chance to ride up with Kevin from LogRite as he will be at our house wendsday evening. Chet suggested I come up and then stay with him until Kevin has to leave to come back down through. Just depends on how things go. If I come up, looks like thursday for sure.

dewwood

Jeff glad to hear you may make it.  Looking forward to seeing all the FF people.  I will be camped at the Tourist Park Thur Fri and Sat.  See you there.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Ron Scott

I'm leaving tomorrow to stay in St. Ignace tomorrow night and then on to Marquette Thursday. Jeff, hope you are able to make it. See you there.

~Ron

Corley5

Dee, Zach and I were at the show Friday from 11 til 3 or so and Dad and I were there on Sat from 11:30 til close.  Great show 8)  Talked to Peach for a bit on Sat but didn't see any other FF members but did see the Logrite van in the parking lot ;).  The most impressive machine there wasn't there but it's product was.  The bales of slash around the grounds made by the JD's biomass harvester  were cool and the video of the machine in operation in the NorTrax tent was something to watch.  The BIG Rotochopper hog was impressive too.  The sound of that big Cat was something else. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8).  Today's new harvesters just amaze me too.  The price tag on them is  :o :o  I over heard one conversation about them and $480,000 was mentioned :o  Gotta cut a buncha wood to make those payments.  Looking forward to next years Congress in Greenbay, Wi.  My only complaint is I think it should stay open til 5 on Sat. too.  Two is too early.  Tomorrow I'm gonna confirm my order for my new 14-12 Blockbuster ;)  They had a 15-20 there which basically the same machine with a diesel engine and it looked good to me.  So guess I'll take the plunge.  Firewood oughta sell good this winter.  I hope :) 

chet

Corley,
You and Pasbuild must have been walking a different loop than the rest of us.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

beenthere

Now there is a lead-in for Charlie to get out another Chet joke  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Corley5

Peach said he'd seen a few FF members including you Chet. 

Ron Scott

One Of The Big Ones On Display. The salesman told me that they are working on a "smaller one". The landowners that I work for wouldn't allow this size in their woods. ;)

~Ron

chet

Ron,
Did you get a pic of dat Tiger Cat grapple? What a monster.  :o
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Ron Scott

Thought I did, but guess I didn't get the grapple. I did get the feller buncher and that wasn't small either.

~Ron

chet

Great pic Ron, but ya really need somebody standin' next ta da thing ta get a true prospective how big da sucker really is. When I stood next ta dat thing, I was eye level with da floor of da cab.  :o

beenthere

Thought I would make it to this show this year, being it is in Green Bay. Sept. 06 snuck up too fast and it is today and tomorrow, near as I can tell.

DanG, and I was looking forward to going but didn't plan soon enough.  :(

Anyone going or already there? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Corley5

I thought I could make it too but other things came up.  Dad however was there today and said it was quite a show.  Lots and lots of stuff.  Much more than is usually at Escanaba or Marquette

Thank You Sponsors!