iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lake States 64th Annual Logging Congress

Started by dewwood, August 22, 2009, 08:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewwood

It is in Escanaba this year, is anyone planning on attending?  Marcia and I have reservations for a campsite and have paid for our tickets.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Shotgun

Hi Dewey,

I plan on being there for a bit, probably Thurs. & Friday.  Will Dewey P. be there with you, by chance? Where will you be camping?

Hope some of the others will show up. Ron will probably be there to win all the prizes.   :D   Jeff and Chet, how about you folks?

After that I'm planning on going to the west end to our old camp location for a look see and a little fishing.

Regards,

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Shotgun

Quote from: Shotgun on August 23, 2009, 05:06:35 PM

I plan on being there for a bit, probably Thurs. & Friday.  Will Dewey P. be there with you, by chance? Where will you be camping?

After I clicked the send button I realized my error, Dewey.  I meant will Matthew be there with you.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Ron Scott

I can't make it this year, will be in Montana then. :'(
~Ron

dewwood

Norm,

Matt will not be there at the show but we are planning on going on up to the Kewanau after the show to see them.  Matt will be heading to northern Minnesota to start his job (actually its a post doc) with the forest service in Grand Rapids shortly after that.

Looking forward to seeing you at the show.  We will be camped right on the fairgrounds so stop by the camper if we miss you at the show.  We have a Sundance fifth wheel, not too many of those around so ours will probably be the only one.  We should be right by the exhibit field.

Maybe with Ron not being there someone else will win a prize!

Dewey
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

chet

Judy and I got our fingers crossed. We're hopin' ta make it on Sunday. Dat's my Sunday dat week.  ::) Can't stay for Friday 'cause dat'll be Monday.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dewwood

Chet,

Hope to see you Thursday, we should pull in sometime in the AM and get set up.  If we miss you at the exhibit area try to find our Sundance fifth wheel and my white Chevy PU.

Dewey

dewwood

Passes arrived yesterday so we are good to go.  See you all there!

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

pasbuild

What are the dates   would hate ta miss something that close to me
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Corley5

The show starts Thurs the 10th with exhibits open from noon until five.  On the 11th it's open 8AM until 5PM and the 12th is the last day and it's open 8AM until 1PM. 
  Looks like it'll be Zach and I there on Friday and then we're meeting Dee at camp for the rest of theweekend.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

beenthere

I'm looking to get there Thur. and stay Friday. Hope to catch up with many of you.

8) 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

beenthere

For anyone wanting to meet, I'll plan on being at the Baker display/booth/tent on Thursday at 2 and 4pm. Then at 10 am Friday morning. Adaminmo says he won't be on this trip, so will miss him. We'll just have to see if anyone there will tell a few tales about him.  :)

Will get to the WM and Peterson to visit as well.

Hoping the rain holds off, and not be like the last time in Escanaba.

Hope to see some of you there.

I'll have my FF hat on, and hope I don't lose it.  8)
south central Wisconsin

ADAMINMO

Im sure Ken Gore can tell a tale or 2 about me.Just dont believe most of anything he says!  :D

beenthere

OK
Just the parts we want to believe.   ::) ::) 8) 8) ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin

ADAMINMO

Quote from: ADAMINMO on September 08, 2009, 01:10:16 PM
Im sure Ken Gore can tell a tale or 2 about me.Just dont believe most of anything he says!  :D
And anything he says that you do believe is probably a lie too!!!  :D  :D  :D

dewwood

Adam, sorry we won't get to see you this year.  We are at the show parked right at the edge of the outdoor exhibit area.  It is a beautiful day here and the show is about to open.  Looks like they have a pretty decent amount of exhibitors.  Looking forward to meeting a few of the FF people.

beenthere

Missed Adam and Chet and Corely5.

But did see shotgun and Dewwood. And talked with Ken Gore. Had a chance to say hello to "Peach" at the Menominee Saw booth. Great time, and good weather.  Show attendance down, which makes it tough for vendors to justify going next year, I'm sure. 

pic to post

south central Wisconsin

chet

Da wife and I had full intentions of bein' there, but DA MICHIGAN HELMET LAW stopped us.  ::)

Da great September weather dictated we take da Harley. Problem was if we headed east ta da Loggin' Congress we had ta wear helmets  :'(  but if we headed west we didn't need um.
Da top of my head now has a nice red glow  smiley_smug01
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Thank You Sponsors!