iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good source for invasive species I.D.?

Started by Piston, May 09, 2011, 07:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piston

I know there are some invasive species on my land in NH because the county forester pointed them out to me when he visited, however it has been a while since I've been up there and I don't remember which ones he said to remove.

Is there a good website with pictures of invasive species in New England that I can refer to?  I figure I'll walk around the area he told me there was something in, and try to I.D. everything there, eventually I'll find it, or I could just wait a few years until there is nothing left BUT the invasive species, then I'll KNOW!  :D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Piston

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Ron Scott

PNW Research Station:  Field guide helps managers identify invasive species.
Nonnative Invasive Plants of Pacific Coast Forests: A Field Guide for Identification by Pacific Northwest Research Station Ecologist Andrew Gray was recently published and offers a concise and well-illustrated field guide for novice botanists and managers alike.  To order a hard copy, e-mail pnw_pnwpubs@fs.fed.us and ask for PNW-GTR-817. 
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!