iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got my 395XP today

Started by David B, December 09, 2005, 09:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twostroke_blood

My Wife is 5'8" 135ish, and she has no interest in running my saws. ;D But seriously, do you define bogging as stalling the saw? Or when it goes blah blah blah, untill you lift it out of the cut and get the chain going again? David, did you run that thing yet?

David B

Yeah, I've run it a few cuts in some wood a little under 30". I'ts difficult to slow the chain down just by pushing down, esp in anything less that 30" or so. I can stop (bog) it if I dig the spikes in and lever it tho.

I've got quite a bit of wood to cut when I get time after the holidays but I need t put the new clutch in the Mac130 and make sure the jonsered and 395XP are tuned properly first. Which reminds me, I need to order a tach. Recommendations?
Machine and welding shop day job, trees after work.

twostroke_blood

David,
Ain't heard from you on your 395XP.  Are you dissapointed with it?

Ironwood

He's probably not stopped cutting except to fuel it every 20 minutes, ............probably no trees left standing on his property. Things can get you addicted.

REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

ccicora

Thats all the woods needs.... someone with a full 2 1/2 jug of mix and a Gal of bar oil a couple of sharp chains......and that look in their eye..... can you say CLEAR CUT?
I race a bit, just enough to keep me in debt

David B

Haha!  I wish! Renting a John Deere 710   8)  this weekend to go with the 395 and gonna lay some smack down!
Machine and welding shop day job, trees after work.

Thank You Sponsors!