iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Duck season starts even earlier this year

Started by urbanlumberinc, August 02, 2006, 10:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbanlumberinc

The division of wildlife just revised the waterfowl season dates for the central and pacific flyways here in CO.  Opening day is now OCT 1st instead of OCT 30.  Gives us another month of hunting in the mountain valleys where the best hunting is.  The ole trigger finger is itchin bigtime. 8)

urbanlumberinc

Oh and by the way any and all forum members have a standing invitation to hunt or fish with me anytime.  (I've been hard up for hunting and fishing partners lately as my two best friends and my brother all moved away in the last 6 months), which gives me an idea; on a flyfishing forum I post on quite a bit we would organize get togethers called "drake bakes" where forum members would meet up, fish, carouse and raise hell in general.  Perhaps some of the members on this board might be interested in a little sporting trip(we could also roll a bit of milling into the mix and call it a business trip come tax time) I'm offering to host one here in Colorado for anyone who is interested.  A little cast n blast perhaps??? 

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Burlkraft

Urban,

I don't know about the season here yet. DU says numbers from the hatch are down...That usually means a short season here :( :( :(

I don't know how it could be any worse than last year :-\ :-\ :-\
Why not just 1 pain free day?

gary

Kevin

Cook em good, you don't want that nasty bird flu virus.

urbanlumberinc

I went out this evening and scouted a few of my favorite spots.  One gravel pit in particular looks pretty promising, as I drove up there must have been 2-3 thousand ducks and geese on the water and more coming in to roost for the evening.  Even saw a nice group of cinnamon teal, though with my luck it'll frost before duck season starts and I'll go yet another season without bagging a cinamon.

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Tom

We used to shoot Blue and Green Winged Teal in the salt, Mangrove swamps down home.  We would be standing in knee deep mud with salt water belly button high, in our chest waders.  The temperatures would be in the 30's and those Teal Greyhounds were flying over the tops of the trees, about 30 feet overhead.  Standing in an opening of the trees would give us about 100 or 200 feet square of clear sky and the birds could traverse that in 2 seconds.  We spent most of the hunt with our gun at the ready and muscles so tired that we could hardly lift it.

Man!!  That was fun. :D

UNCLEBUCK

I got them blue and green winged teal here too, one pair of teal had a big hatch this year so they be coming your way Tom .   I can waste a box of shells trying to pull teal out of the sky . Its like shooting at missiles ,when you hear the sonic boom go by its too late .  Most of the ponds look really good around here for duck population , the young geese just started flying last week . The lake that connects to the farm use to be covered with ducks 30 years ago and then in a matter of 2 years all the ducks were gone .

Fish got in the local duck hunting lakes and ate all the fresh water shrimp and they stopped coming down this route from up north , now they stay out to the west side of the red river in the dakotas .

I bet that colorado shootin is a fun time ! 
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Thank You Sponsors!