iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Streaming Eagle Cam

Started by SwampDonkey, April 05, 2006, 06:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

That was cool.  Thanks.   

gary

that is nice. I like watching the eagles. I had one coming to our bird feeder last winter. My wife made me stop feeding it. She didn't like it eating  the the small birds.

pappy

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Burlkraft

Hey Pappy,

Thanks for the Maine link. I can never catch them eating or moving on the other one. I like the archived shots ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

SwampDonkey

You guys are all way ahead of me on the web cam thing, it kills my dialup connection. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Brad_S.

Anyone into falcons? There is a pair that nests at the Eastman Kodak headquarters tower in Rochester NY. They have a cam on the nest every year. Unfrotunately, it's a static view.
Kodak falcon nest
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

SwampDonkey

I think I saw that last fall on PBS TV. It was unbelievable to everyone who discovered it.

Burlkraft

It's not a very nice day on Hornby Island today.

mama eagle looks like she's pretty hunkered in.

SwampDonkey

I been watching the weather report over the last few weeks and it rains, rains and rains some more. But, I think they call that area the sunshine coast of Vancouver Island don't they?

pappy

Update; three new residents  8)

"On the evening of March 6th the eagles laid their first egg. Three eaglets hatched during the week of April 12th"

http://www.briloon.org/ed/eagle/

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

Burlkraft

It looks like a nasty day in Maine for the eaglets today :-\ :-\ :-\

pappy

Bump...

They got a new Live Cam this year really cool with sound to boot  8)

http://www.briloon.org/watching-wildlife/eagle-cam-live.php

bitternut

Thanks guys for posting the links to the eagle cams. They should be interesting to watch once the chicks hatch out and require steady feeding.

There are some eagle nests near me at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and another one at the nearby Oak Orchard Refuge. They had a camera set up on a nest at the Iroquois feeding a tv at the headquarters for a couple of years. Last year a great horned owl beat the the eagles to the nest with the camera. The eagles had to use another nest without a camera while the owls became the tv stars.

They have had quite good luck around NY State with their eagle restoration program. I see one fly by every once in a while.

Mooseherder

Pappy, There has been alot of action at your Eagle Link. ;)
Both Mom and Dad were making alot of noise earlier. The link sponsers expect the eggs to hatch on Monday. ;D

pappy

We have a chick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://baldeaglecam.blogspot.com/

Check out the link in the blog for
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Huge Surprise!
It's got footage of the chick moving around .....     

smiley_clapping

Burlkraft

That's pretty cool.........

I been watchin' a lot and the parents been pretty active the last couple a days.... 8) 8) 8)

Mooseherder

Looks like Mama is weatherin the beginning of a  Nor'easter at the moment.

SwampDonkey

Pappy, all I seem to get are broken links, 404 errors.  :-\

The chick link seems to work though.

pappy

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 12, 2007, 08:08:41 PM
Pappy, all I seem to get are broken links, 404 errors.  :-\

SD,
Don't know what ta tell ya it's gotta be your dial up connect ??? Works fine fur me (DSL) and seems so for others also ...

Mooseherder,
We are supposed to get hammered by a big storm for the next 24 hours, no pic with it being dark and all but the wind sure sounds nasty!!! Hopefully the little guy weathers the storm OK !!!   :o

Mooseherder

Pappy, Checked on them when I got home tonight about 5:30 and looked like beautiful weather. The water in background was blue and calm.  Then about 7:15 it was snowing and windy. She was hunkered down and looking stressed. Then the wind moved the camera off nest into the twilight zone. I think they gotta remote on the camera to move it back tomorrow. My wife has been following it closely and keeps the sound on and comes to check when she hears activity. Pappa Eagle brought Mama some parts of a dead bird tonight. She also discovered you can make it full screen by double clicking the video.  Hit Esc to put it back small.

Burlkraft

Looks pretty windy this mornin' but no rain. Mama's hunkerd in tho.....

olyman

Quote from: gary on April 06, 2006, 06:16:30 AM
that is nice. I like watching the eagles. I had one coming to our bird feeder last winter. My wife made me stop feeding it. She didn't like it eating  the the small birds.
small birds---sparrows--starlings, pigeons???? let him eat!!!!!!!!

SwampDonkey

Yeah, a lot of those are non natives, let him gorge himself. ;D

Mooseherder

Papa is feedin' the youngin at the moment. ;)  10:45am

Thank You Sponsors!