iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Scenic Landscapes

Started by Furby, January 16, 2004, 03:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

Norm

You've posted some really nice shots Furby do you use a digital or are these 35mm scanned? What make do you use?

Norm

pappy

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Furby

Thanks Norm.
I use a canon EOS Elan 7e 35mm SLR. These were 4x6" prints scanned with a Canoscan D 66OU scanner. I used xat to get them on the forum. I think the prints are MUCH better as I lost a lot when I ran them through xat. If I could find the negatives, I would have scanned them to see if I could have gotten better results, but I have them boxed up someplace.

Here's another one from Glacier N.P. 9/02

Norm

Wow nice shot. I wondered if you weren't using a 35mm, I use a Nikon myself but have mostly forgotten how to use it since I've gotten spoiled on the conveniences of digital.  :)

I've always wanted to go to Glacier NP but have never found the time.

Fabiola

Hi Furby, where did you take these pictures?
Nice place. Is that Michigan?
Fabíola
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Furby

I wish, Fab!  I'd move there in a heartbeat then!  ;D
They are from Montana.

I hear ya Norm, I just got a little cheap digital a few months back. It does a good job, I just haven't had time to really use it yet. If money wasn't a concern, I'd have one of those digital SLR's in my hand, with all the goodies, I mean support equipment possible.  ;D
If you get the chance to go to Glacier, grab it!!!! I'd rank it as one of the top ten parks I've been to. The colors in the rocks are FANTASTIC. Make sure you don't miss the Many Glacier area, it's great!
I'm starting to think I need to set up one of those online photo albums like some of you have.

Termite, Yeah summertime. Sounds great don't it? I can't wait!  ;D

SwampDonkey

All nice scenery folks, and your rolling landscape in northern Maine is similar to mine in New Brunswick termite  8)

Here's some pics for ya.

Douglas Channel, an inland sea in northwestern BC

Upper Presque'Isle Island in the Saint John River, near Hartland, NB
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Stephen_Wiley

This christmas my wife got a Nikon digital which I am getting used to using.  Will hopefully use it for pics for reports and internet.

Still use my 35mm SLR (Canon F1)  for scenic and quality photos.

What model of Nikon 35mm have you fogotten how to use, Norm  ???
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

SwampDonkey

I like the Glacier NP scene also. I have some shots of the Columbia Ice Fields in Jasper Alberta and Bear Glacier near Stewart BC. Maybe I'll post them later on. I used 35 mm also, but my camera wasn't that great. I now use digital.

regards

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

Arcadia National Park          10/01

SwampDonkey

Furby:

Those bare rock bluffs in Acadian National park remind me of areas between Edmundston and Campbelton NB, and even on the Gaspe Pennisula of Quebec where some of the oldest Acadian villages are, such as Rimouski which celebrated 300 years in June 19th 1996. If you follow the Matepedia valley from Campbellton through the heart of the Gaspe Peninsula to Rimouski you'll see similar land forms also. In 1934 was Gaspe's 400th anniversary since Jacques Cartier planted a cross on its shore. Similar in age are the Acadian dykes erected at Hopewell Cape near Moncton NB at the mouth of the Peticodiac R (home of the Tidal Bore).  The Gaspe area is even more rugged along the shore line with cliffs and rock bluffs. Not far from there is the bird sanctuary on Percy's Rock. You'll also travel through the Woodland Caribou reserve as you wind your way along the coast line. Its a nice area to tour and the rest areas are well maintained and clean, unlike what you'll encounter in NB.

I love your pictures Furby, keep on posting :)

regards

Furby

Thanks SwampDonkey.
Do you know of any links about the area you were talking about? It sounds pretty cool. The fact that you say "it's even more rugged" sounds interesting to me. I'll have to add that to list of places to visit, someday.  ;)

SwampDonkey

@ Furby

Gaspe tourism here

http://www.great-adventures.com/destinations/canada/gaspe.html

Click on the Chic Choc link at the top of this page
In the popup click the map in the lower right to see where your at

http://www.sepaq.com/En/index.cfm

Sugarloaf mountain, Campbelton New Brunswick

http://www.atlanticcanada.worldweb.com/PhotoGallery/MountainsLakesRivers/10-3012.html

Restigouch River Valley near Campbelton NB
http://new-brunswick.net/new-brunswick/restigouche/restigouche.html

Hopewell cape rocks and Acadian Dikes
http://www.thehopewellrocks.com/

enjoy

Furby

Thanks SD!
I get an error on the Chic Choc pop up, but the others work fine. I  really like the Hopewell Rocks, looks like fun!

North Cascades N.P.             9/02

SwampDonkey

HI Furby

I just tried the chic choc link also and it was dead. Oh well.
Nice view of the Cascades, was that a canal, inland sea or around an island passage?

regards

Furby

Hey SD,
I'm not sure.  :-/  think it's a reservoir, so would that be an inland sea?  ???

The pics a little dark, I wish I could show them as they look in the prints, oh well, you get the idea.  ;)

SwampDonkey

HI Furby:

It really looks like sea water because of the greenish blue color of the water. :)

I know what ya mean about the picture quality, 15 k jpg is low quality  :-/

Furby

SD,
The pics I took came out two different colors for the water. I got the green and a really good blue. It all came down to the zoom and the filter I was useing. The real color at the time was a lot closer to the green.
I'm doing my best to work around the 15k thing. I understand why we have the limit, I just wish I had a better way of showing them.
Does anyone know of any online photo albums that are really cheap and maybe even password protected? I went to a few but I really wasn't impressed.  :-/

SwampDonkey

:-/ Furby

Most web hosting sites I've seen start at $11.95/mo plus setup fees, like at yahoo. You create your own custom pages though. If you have Dreamweaver MX 2004, it has templates to make albums. I use it for my site. Might be a bit too expensive for just maintaining a photo album site though.  ???

regards

Ianab

Furby
What about Jeff's "Free Web Page Space for Forum Members" thing?
I'm sure you could set up small photo collection there, your pics pretty good and worth posting in a larger size.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Furby

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Gonna think on that one, Thanks!

pigman

What a beautiful place. Shame so many had to die there. The brown area in the lower right of the picture was the Firebase Tomahawk. The National Guard Artilery unit from Bardstown, Ky was located there in June 1969 when they were overrun and several were killed.  I was  there a week later to help move the  firebase farther up the hill to to make it easier to secure. I saw several beautiful sunrises and sunsets while I was there. This picture was taken from that location.

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Buzz-sawyer

Another good one Bob......... :) :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Sam

Wow! Some awesome pics on here! I've had a Canon Rebel SLR for a few year's now and really enjoy taking pics. I've been hesitant to get a digital because I've been so spoiled to my SLR. I guess I was a good girl last year because my wonderful husband bought me a Canon Digital Rebel XT for Christmas. I can't wait to try it out! I think we will be visiting some of the vinyards up in Hermann Missouri later this month and I'm hoping for a few photo ops then. Furby, any pointers for this amateur photographer? I'm not real sure what filters I need to check into.

Sam

Thank You Sponsors!