iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ms660 leaking fuel

Started by PAmizerman, January 03, 2018, 12:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAmizerman

I have a ms660 that leaks fuel. It's not the cap. I turned it on it's side and it still leaks. Any suggestions on what to look for? I have not torn this model apart yet. Any input on what to look for or things I should do before I tear into it are appreciated. Thanks
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Gearbox

A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

blueberrymuzik

The first thing is to determine where the fuel is coming from. Does it leak fuel when it is sitting flat and isn't running? If so, it is probably a cracked tank/handle. Does it leak when not running and turned on its side? That could be a tank vent or cracked fuel hose from the tank to the carburetor. If it only leaks when running, unscrew the air box cover and remove the air filter and start the saw. This should give you a clear view of the source of the leak.

PAmizerman

Well I got it tore apart today and got a good look at it. It was leaking around the rubber hose that goes down in the tank. I ran to the Stihl dealer and got a new hose. No more leak. Well at least there. I discovered it needs a new gas cap. I ordered one. Hopefully after that I'll have it all fixed.
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

blueberrymuzik

Congratulations! That really is a warm fuzzy feeling when you can track down a problem and take care of it yourself.

Thank You Sponsors!