iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rats on the landing...R.I.P.

Started by islandlogger, November 23, 2011, 07:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

islandlogger

I've had a landing I needed to clear for awhile and finely got to it today, it was already a "bit" of a clearing, a pocket of Laminated Root Rot had Doug Firs all toppled over, up rooted and Jack Strawed hither and yon, at any rate I had a jolly time machining my way thru it and salvaging some of the better saw logs, at one point I was reversing up and just as I kicked the throttle and looked back I saw a big ol rat just as it disapeared under the back tire....I had tore thru a big ol rotten stump and must of rousted up a nest of them because on further inspection I found 6 furry little bodies mired into the mud.....must be tough being a rat, but thats 6 less that will be tryin to rob any root cellers this winter!!

islandlogger

redbeard

Rats are bad this year, Ive been having to wire tie (just one bite poison bars) to the air cleaner lids on all my vehicles they really messed with my jeeps wiring. Never had a problem before this year. They really seam to like my diesel 1 ton also.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

islandlogger

Yep them rats are bad this season as were the Yeller Jackets but at least they went to "sleep" for the winter so I can stop worrying about every place my corks go  ;D they really had me on the fly during the summer and then early Fall when they are slowwww to get mad but then by the time you realize your in a nest and they have woke up there are already a dozzen up your trousers and your high tailing it round the woods stripping your riggins off fast as can be, must make a funny sight for some of the folks that may or may not be observing from any near by roads  :o thats the fourth rats nest I tore up in the woods but none of them were a condo like this one and this was the first time I kilt any....was quite a sight seeing that mangy lil thing disapear under that big ol rubber tire  smiley_hardhat2

islandlogger

red oaks lumber

kilt them? how did you hold them to do that :D :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Thank You Sponsors!