iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shipping costs

Started by bandmiller2, September 10, 2009, 06:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Wow just received an order, bar and two chains $12.00 for shipping may be cheaper to buy at the local hardware store.Usally I stock up at shows always seems someone has a bargan tent.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

GASoline71

What size bar and chains?  They are actually heavier than people think...

Gary
\"...if ya mess with the bull... ya gets the horn.\"

Rocky_J

Sounds reasonable. I usually try to combine orders and stock up on whatever I can when I order to save on shipping. If I need a bar, I'll buy 2-3 bars and another 50-75 dollars worth of odds and ends and the shipping will be about $20 or so.

A couple months ago I sent an old antique Mac to Gary via UPS and the bar was too long to fit in the box, so I had to wrap it separately. Ended up paying about $67 to ship the saw and bar from Florida to Washington.  :o

GASoline71

Worth every penny too Brian... I bet the bar was lamost as much as the saw... It's pretty heavy.  :)

Gary
\"...if ya mess with the bull... ya gets the horn.\"

ladylake

Quote from: Rocky_J on September 10, 2009, 08:07:37 PM
Sounds reasonable. I usually try to combine orders and stock up on whatever I can when I order to save on shipping. If I need a bar, I'll buy 2-3 bars and another 50-75 dollars worth of odds and ends and the shipping will be about $20 or so.

A couple months ago I sent an old antique Mac to Gary via UPS and the bar was too long to fit in the box, so I had to wrap it separately. Ended up paying about $67 to ship the saw and bar from Florida to Washington.  :o

How much did old Mac wiegh?  I have a old one , it's not light.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Rocky_J

Idunno, but I'd guess over 25 lbs for the powerhead and another 5-6 lbs for the 24" bar. The bar was a lot heavier than the new 24" bars hanging in my shop.

Al_Smith

I'm about in the middle shipping wise .About a buck a pound to central Florida or  Oregon and 80 cents per to Maine ,

I figure a 14 dollar Baileys chain will cost me twice that if bought from the local yokels so a few bucks isn't a bad trade off .

Thank You Sponsors!