iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well

Started by Bruno of NH, July 28, 2018, 03:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Well the knee is finally done  ;)
They can't help me for a year because of my size. 
I wish I could make my mill a hydraulic feed. 
I'm not good at that stuff.
I don't think I can swing a new mill right now.
I have some good friends helping me fill orders. That's not going to last for ever.
I got lots to think about in the coming week.
I milled today but barely made it up 3 steps into the house. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jim_Rogers

Take care of yourself, first.
Do what it takes to take some pressure off that knee.
I know it's difficult to loose weight as I am a big guy too.
But, if you change some eating habits you can do it.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

SawyerTed

Health issues can send us in a downward spiral.  (Been there and have the t-shirt).  It's like an airplane in an insipid spin.  You have to apply opposite force to overcome the spin.  Opposite rudder and up elevator.  Make a plan to get out of the spin THEN decide how to aviate (pilot).  

I encourage you to make this evening better than this morning and tomorrow better than today.  Once things are under control, make a plan with achievable goals to get where you need to be. 

You have a lot of people behind you - some you don't even know!

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Southside

A lesson I was taught a long time ago when overcoming insurmountable odds is the one second rule. It goes as follows.
1) Your entire responsibility and focus is to make it through the next single second.
2) Repeat step 1.

Before long a minute will be behind you, then an hour, a day, a week. When you look back upon the journey you will surprise yourself on what you have achieved. 

Best of luck and take care of yourself.

Jim
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Oliver05262

Maybe we can organize a "Northern Project II" and help you get caught up on some of your orders? For sure, I'll come help. Give the idea some thought, and come up with a rough plan. Maybe we can take it from there. 
  Take it easy on yourself, and follow your Doctor's advice.
Oliver Durand
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

4x4American

Have your friends help you build a lumber shed.  Then buy lumber wholesale and store it in your shed. When the truck pulls in with the lumber, unload it and set it under cover with machine.  On the weekend when your friends can come help, have them come help you stack the boards in the retail shed.  Then when customers come they can grab and load what they want.  You know you're making money on the stuff cause you're putting a markup on it.  
Boy, back in my day..

thecfarm

Hate to see you in pain. :(
I've been following your posts and it sounds like things was going good in the sawmill part. Wish that knee was going good as well.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

That's not good When I was overweight I cut out all the carbs, No carbs and lb came off.
Did you ever try to make a sandwich with no bread? ::) I had to learn a new way to eat. I like spaghetti but it's all carbs Now I eat spaghetti squash with sauce.
For me, carbs was the key.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

YellowHammer

Hate to hear this.  Being in pain, especially knee pain, makes it hard to stay motivated.  But you can do this. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

LeeB

I'm with Peter on the no carbs. I lost 125 lbs by dropping them from my diet and rarely have knee pain now.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Bruno of NH

On the brite side 
I made a delivery today on the last of a customers order.
It was down a class 6 road.
They made 2 more orders or 1x pine 8' long 18" to 20" wide
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

78NHTFY

Sorry to hear!  But it looks like you're focusing on the positive...All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Solar_HoneyBee0

Hey man sorry to hear about your problems! I realize this is a "woodworking forum", but considering the topic of this one I have to give some personal advice.

So, my wife and I got to be both pretty large individuals. Busy jobs didn't allow for the healthiest eating and we often settled on fast food. Fast forward a couple years and we are larger than ever. We had always been fit people too. Gaining that weight made me borderline diabetic with Type 2 Diabetes and some heart issues. We both had various medical scares, which made us take a "what the heck are we doing?!" moment, you know. Anyways, she started an office job and I wanted us to start a lifestyle change together.

What I found is Keto. Seriously, look in to it. It might not be for you, but it saved our lives. She is down over 130 lbs and is as stunning as the day I met her. I'm down 50 lbs and its night and day difference. Keto is a high fat, moderate protein, and low carb (less than 25g per day). Is it hard? You can bet your bottom it is! But like I said, it saved our life.

Best of luck to you! I hope it works out.

Wudman

I had success mirroring my wife on Weight Watchers.  I followed the points, cut out soft drinks and sweet tea (a gallon a day), and my snacks became oranges, bananas, and sugar free Jello pudding.  I dropped about 40 pounds and the knees and feet are saying thank you.  It wasn't a hard diet for me to follow.  I ate enough to not feel hungry.  I used the low carb route a few years back and dropped the weight, but put it back on running the roads and eating fast food.  Subway and Food Lion sandwiches have replaced McDonald's and Hardees.  Best of luck to you.

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

PAmizerman

Well I don't usually respond to alot of posts cause I don't know what to say.

Hang in there Bruno. Hope it all works out for you.
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

mike_belben

Sugar and carbs.. Your body just isnt designed for the amount of them in every drive thru convenience wrapper, its poison.  Fat isnt the enemy, that passes right thru.  Its sugar that you cant unload.

Quit the soda, switch to water.  Dropping bread is tough, but bacon and cheese and pistachios help.  Spaghetti squash is awesome.   

Southbeach is another diet that works great.. Its that first week of carb withdrawal thats hardest, but once you hit ketosis pounds just fall off in your sleep.
Praise The Lord

taylorsmissbeehaven

Sorry to hear about this knee problem. My neighbor was in the same boat about a year ago. His wife started finding low carb recipes and now it looks like he may not even need surgery. I hope the best for you on this journey. It will pass in time. Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

Bruno of NH

I haven't had any sugar In 2 years
Gave up bread then also.
I'm still working but it's tough the worst part is the mental part.
I'm changing some things around hopping to make it till winter.
I got to keep at it so I don't lose what I got going.

Bruno of NH

Had a friend help me saw some 1x12x8 pine boards for inventory to sell and some fir utility grade boards to sell .
I have a Dr. appointment on Tuesday morning.
I hope they can help me make it to winter. 

loganworks2

Hang in there Bruno. It will get better. 

Oliver05262

Wishing good luck to you, Bruno. PM me if I can help you in any way.  Oliver
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Bruno of NH

Bruno of NH

Went to the Dr's Tuesday 
Made my knee worse new meds not working to good.
Spent today on the couch with ice on my knees.
Had to use a walking stick to go out and get a coffee this morning.
Got help at the mill the next 2 days
I hope I feel better in the morning.

SawyerTed

Hope you are feeling better.  Hang in there!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!