iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Summer is exchanging it's glory for Fall

Started by Howdy, August 28, 2013, 05:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howdy

Rain, blessed rain has come again.   smiley_clapping

Living in a rainy region has its drawbacks, planing any outdoor activity needs a backup, working outside can be a real wet experience, and of course there's the whole idea of constant landscaping care to worry about.  Living where the sun shines most of the time   smiley_sun denys a person the joy of seeing a cloudy sky with the constant changing vistas.  I get depressed with unending blue overhead.  I have adjusted to deriving comfort in seeing clouds intermixed with white, grey, and clear skys. 

When the rain doesn't fall - a person really misses it.   Knowing the rain will return gives one hope and then experiencing petrichor   pc_smiley  releases a feeling of well being.  Yesterday was the beginning of the fall rains for our area.  Summer has been wonderful expressly to an area that sees extended dry spells only rarely.  I enjoy having pleasant warm days yet have chosen to live in an environment that is lush with greenery and clean surroundings.  This requires frequent rain and moisture rather than sun and dry days for extended periods.   

Call me strange if you wish, but I am happy.   I was born in the Portland area and have found nowhere else that I want to call home.  We don't worry about dangerous weather or find the rain more that an inconvenience on occasion. Some love the desert vistas, others like high mountains, while the Midwest plains offer comfort in seeing the lands potential.  Living in an area where Oak, Maple, and other beautiful trees grow in abundance must be wonderful to see and for people living in the north winter has its blessings as well.  I can understand the allure of a coastal land enjoying a constant awaking of each new day hearing the surf, and for those who need sunlight to keep sane living where the days are filled with illumination has its advantages. 

To each their own but for me, give me rain.   8)

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Seaman

Thank you for starting my morning out wit a good read, and yes, I had to look it up. Great work, I could smell it as I read the definition.
Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

Looking forward to a little cooler weather myself, it's been in the 90's and dry for over a week.  We were spoiled at the end of July with rain and cool temps, I reckon fall will come, just hope he have one without skipping straight to winter,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sandhills

Very nice Howdy, we're in the same boat as David right now, summer has definitely returned!

RynSmith

Thank you Howdy, that is exactly how I feel!

smiley_clapping

giant splinter

Great Post Howdy
I agree with it and have to admit to letting my grass get a little tall at times myself, nothing like a nap in a hammock under a tin roof in a good rain and the grass will still be there when you can get to it.
Snow is very quit on a tin roof however is has its advantages, the grass is dormant and the powder covers all the beer cans till spring. ;D
roll with it

Bill Gaiche

Great. We plan on traveling thru Oregon about this time next year on 101 from Seattle to about San Francisco. I want to see the great Forestry. bg

mesquite buckeye

Very well put. ;D 8) 8) 8)

If you ever get sick of that wet stuff, send some our way. ;D ;D ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Magicman

Thank you Kim.  Your description is better than any weather that I have ever seen anywhere.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

We had our fall rain all summer. We will have to wait and see what happens to fall. We could get a frost anytime now,but may not get one until the first part of Oct. It's looking like fall here. The ferns are turning brown and the leaves in the bog are scarlet red and falling.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!