iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I don't think I'm in trouble.

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, November 08, 2002, 06:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

I'm not married. Ya hear that Ladies. But I do have a "friend" that I see quite regurley so we will have to keep it quiet.

The other day I went to get "The Lovely Miss" her birthday present. My brother Chris went with me. She wants a Coo-co clock and I only know of one store that sells them. Turns out the store was closed for the evening sooooo Chris and I went to Outdoor World where I wanted a rifled barrel for my shotgun. The guy there said they were out and then quietly said that Dick's had them and it was probably cheaper. So I looked at a few scopes, almost bought one but decided to check out the other store. We go over to Dicks and lo, there's the barrel I want and it's $30 cheaper! and there's the scope I almost bought and it is $20 cheaper!! I'm quivering with excitement and talking to the sales guy behind the counter about converting shotguns to slug guns, sabot slug ammo and such, I hear Chris say to the other sales guy, "let me see that 45-70" Oh No!! a Marlin lever action model 1895G 45-70 rifle. In my opinion this is the holey grail of rifles and it's UNDER a gajillion dollars! I almost bought one of these used in a pawn shop in Fairbanks Alaska for more! Well, gotta have that. So I leave with a new scope and rifle 60 rounds of 300 gr. ammo.

I'm going tonight to get "The Lovely Miss" her birthday present ...wonder if she would like a slug gun...
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Noble_Ma

I made the mistake of getting my wife ( girlfriend at the time ) a vacuum cleaner for her birthday.  I'm glad it was a heavy duty one because it was to heavy for her to pick it up ;D and hit me with it :o  If you decide on giving her a gun, you better hide the bullets!!

Weekend_Sawyer

A friend of mine said "slug gun, why doncha just put salt on em?"

OneWithWood

I once bought my wife a nice little fiberglass stock remington .22 with a scope after she expressed an interest in going squirrel hunting with me.  I taught her how to shoot and when she got good we went hunting.  It was a beautiful fall day.  We nestled into some brush on the ridge top and waited for the squirrels to show.  We did not have to wait long before a grey squirrel began parading back and forth about 30 yards in front of us.  I looked at my wife and she had seen the squirrel and was putting a bead on it.  BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!  She squeezed off four shots in quick succession scaring the beejeezus out of that squirrel.  I could see the rounds hitting directly behind its butt as it high tailed it out of there.  When I looked back at the wife to give her some encouragement she burst into tears!   She was really upset that she almost hit the squirrel!  That was the end of her hunting days.  She will help me butcher a deer but she is quite content to let me freeze my derier in a tree stand, field dress it and drag it home.  We don't even talk about her joining in on the hunt :D
We have a cuckoo clock ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Bibbyman

I bought one of the first Marlin 1895s when they were re-introduced back in the 70's.  Straight grip, no safety button, no gold trigger or white spacer.  Used it a number of years with a Lyman peep sight.  Last year put a 2x scope on it because eyes just don't work like they did years ago.

It's bagged a PU load of deer over the past 30 years for me and when my son has borrowed it.  The 300-350 grain hollow point blows up too quick for me.  Maybe they won't with light factory loads.  I'm going back to 405 soft points.  Bagged a lot of other deer with 45/70.  I like how they poke a clean hole all the way through that you can eat right up to. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Weekend_Sawyer

Heay Bibbyman, How did you like the Lyman's, ever heard of Ghost Ring Peep sights? The salesman was strongly reccomending them. Of course at $95 I decided to use the factory sights this year.

CHARLIE

Hey Bibbyman! I bet you really ticked off the owner of the pickup full of deer you bagged.  I can just picture it. Some guy coming back into town, proud as a peacock, with his pickup loaded with the best deer hunting he'd ever had. Then KABOOM, someone shoots his truck..... Geeeeezzz.  :-/

The first Christmas of my marriage, I proudly bought my wife a Sunbeam Mixer for the kitchen. We were dirt poor and it took a while to save up the $50 I paid for it. When she opened her gift, she let me know that I was never to buy her tools for the house as a gift. :o   Go figure. I love it when someone buys me tools for my shop.  Wimmenz.....I jes ain't figger'd 'em out yet. ::)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Noble_Ma

I wanted to buy my wife ( girlfriend at the time )  hiking boots so she could keep up when we camped and hiked.  She wanted  a "friendship" ring!  Remembering the vacuum cleaner episode, I bought her the ring...................... a few weeks later, I bought her the hiking boots!!!  

Bibbyman

Don't take too many like this one to make a truck load.  

Chris' fist deer.  He used an H&R single shot "thidy-thidy".
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Fla._Deadheader

Hey Bibby, Nice Elk. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  Bet it made ya proud???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Don P

I had to return the vacuum cleaner bring home a gold wristwatch ::)  :-[ :D

Weekend_Sawyer

Well it all turned out fine. I bought "The loveley Miss" Celest her Coo-co clock. When she came over Friday night I had New York strip steaks and potatoes on the grill, something bubbly cooling and a dozen red roses on the table. After dinner I went in the back and brought out her cake with 2 candles on it. I'm not stupid, 39 candles would have set off the smoke alarms!
After cake I gave her the clock and she was DELIGHTED. Another birthday goes by and I am not in the doghouse. Now what am I gonna do about Christmas...

Brian_Bailey

Jon,

What ever you do, make sure your friend does not see this page. You committed a no - no just mentioning 39 candles publicly :o . If I was you, I would immediately hit the modify button and strike that 39 out :D.
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Weekend_Sawyer

Did I say 39??? I ment 29, yea, definatly 29 or mabe 25. Yea 25 is good.

I don't show her this board, if I did she would know I spent more on myself than I did on her. But I had good intentions!

SawBilly

I think I might let my wife hunt and me cook dinner. I spent 7 hrs snoozing in the trees this past Saturday, saw one squirrl. My wife says two spikes and a doe were in the backyard of the house...I drove two hrs to the deer woods. This morning, monday, I was leaving for work and saw an 8 point about 350 yrds away in the neighbors field, they wont let anyone hunt there, she calls back to the office and says an 11 point was in the road in front of our house....25 yrds :o

Haytrader

Weekend Sawyer,

Youre a smart man, a very smart man. Sounds like you deserved a big "thank you" for all you did for ur sweetie... ;)

A wise man once said "If a man ever figures out a woman, he should write a book cause it would be a BEST SELLER"

A local attorney here bought his wife a trap gun for her birthday.....she ended up trying out for the Olypic team. For his birthday, she bought him a washer/dryer.......... :D :D :D
Haytrader

DouginUtah

-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

QuoteDid I say 39??? I ment 29, yea, definatly 29 or mabe 25. Yea 25 is good.

I don't show her this board, if I did she would know I spent more on myself than I did on her. But I had good intentions!

Does this mean if things get really serious with her yer goona dump us? :'( :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Frank_Pender

Hey, doug, I just the wife your definition and she said,  I would think it just the opposite.   Guys with all the odds and ends of toys and gagets and stuff"  

I figured she would come up with some sort of contray statement.   She always does. :'(
Frank Pender

Weekend_Sawyer

Douginutah, That was good and I agree, Women are COMPLICATED! I always tell my neices that men are like dogs with furnature. When I was married I wasn't allowed on the couch!

C_Miller

I got a gun for my wife, best deal I ever made.

C
CJM

Thank You Sponsors!