iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Little Isuzu sucking fuel

Started by ladylake, August 16, 2014, 02:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylake

Normally I use 1/2 gph but on Thur in 9 hours it used 5.2 gallons but I did saw well over 3000 bf all 1" so yesterday I blew out the air filter which was dirty, also the blew the radiator out which was half clogged and making the fan run full speed which takes more fuel. The other thing is I had a good off bearer and the saw was in the wood a lot plus a lot of wide cuts. Also the TIMBERKING mill worked without a flaw so no downtime.  Hopefully it will be back to it's usual 1/2 gph.   Steve

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

red oaks lumber

did your mill come stock with an isuza motor? what year is yours?
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

NMFP

We have a 40 hp Isuzu on a portable mill we have at the school I teach at.  Its a 1995 Mighty Might.  Those little Isuzu diesels are long runners... the Mitsubishi diesels are great too.  Why don't we see more of those on portable mills?

ladylake

Quote from: red oaks lumber on August 16, 2014, 02:27:23 PM
did your mill come stock with an isuza motor? what year is yours?

It came with a 27HP Kohler made in 2001 and putting that Isuzu on was the best thing I did,  I save 1/2 gph over the Kohler and it cuts way faster in bigger wood so after 5000 hours I've saved 2500 gals at $3.80 a gal that's $9500.   It took almost a week to put it on as I had to fabricate everything.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

sealark37

A clogged air filter will kill that little diesel quicker than dirty oil.  If you are careful about maintenance, you should be religious about a clean air filter.  Regards, Clark

ladylake

The air cleaner wasn't real bad and I do clean it at oil changes.  I think the half clogged radiator which made the fan clutch kick in was more to blame as a while back the fan clutch locked up and I could sure tell it on the fuel consumption.   Steve

Thank You Sponsors!