iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is this a whack of lumber and a jag of logs?

Started by Stump Jumper, October 21, 2003, 08:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsaw

Saw the picture, and somewhere in my brain a little message went off "you know this whack of logs" :D.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

ElectricAl

Stump_jumper,

Nice option. Is that JD a 260 with weights? Just can't quite read the number.

Good choice for a sawmill and excavation company ;)

Ours is a 250 cab/heat with weights. 48" forks, 72" construction bucket, bolt on teeth, 72" grapple, custom built dump box.  

Nothing Runs Like A Deere ;D
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Linda

ElectricAl,

I notice you didn't tell stump_jumper that he got a better option.  Apparently, you didn't mention that you got trapped inside of our "good running" John Deere! :o   Without a cell phone! ;D   More than once! :D

Better you than me!  ;)   You probably would have left me there!  ::)

Linda  :)

Wood-Mizer 2012 LT50HDE25

dan-l-b

Something about sawing, logging and excavating, isn't there? ;D ;D ;D

ElectricAl

Linda,

The door coming out of the track and the lift cylinders slamming the door into my face does not affect how it runs ::)
It affects how well I can see out the door. >:(

When a big Jag of logs needs to be decked, or a Whack of Walnut needs put away, it Runs just fine ;D

But, I have learned to never shut the door without a cell phone ???

We have had this loader for a year now, it has 190 hours on it and I have been trapped in it for 1.75 hours in 5 door failures.
First time was for 30 minutes. The loader was idling and the door cylinders had me pinned in the seat. I could not reach the key,  or move the door. Finally, Linda came looking for me and was able to pull on the door while I pushed.

JD has promised to do something. Either a new ROPS with cab and door or a whole new machine. We'll see ::)

Maybe a 280 ;D  I could Pack A Whack with that :D

By the way Linda         Nothing Runs Like A Deere

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Norm

Al you'll have to use the same technique I use.

Me: Honey I sure love my Deere but the front end loader doesn't seem to be everything we need around here.

Her: You have spent every spare dime we have on logging toys. You'll just have to make do.

Me: (a few days later) Honey I need some help clearing this fence row, will you run the tractor and pile brush while I dig it out.

Her: (later that same day) Honey I think we need a grapple just like Al has.

Me: Well our loader doesn't have that option but a Deere loader does.

Her:  @#$%^$# NO

Oh well I guess you better not use my technique. :D

Stump Jumper

ElectricAl

We are running John Deere 250 Hi Flow with weights.  Glad I didn't get trapped with the trap door.  We just received a recall from John Deere for this machine for steering improvement.  This covers the skid loaders from 1999 - 2001.  Steering linkage wears out  which we have already figured out and repaired it myself because it was out of warranty.  And now they want to put all new steering linkage in.
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Thank You Sponsors!