iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Memorial Day wishes

Started by sparks, May 27, 2005, 08:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

I, like Arky, can't stand sound. Taps, it will bring me tremors. Served 72 - 78 USAF Red Horse in Thiland 74-75 brought water to the camp of 7200.
Thanks to all, that made it possible for me to never see action. Thanks to all now, who are keeping us free now.
Ed K

ARKANSAWYER

Today I stood,
in a field of stone.
Though many were there,
I stood alone.
Droppin to my knees,
in reverance bowed my head.
In this field of green,
this field of the dead.

Sending up prayers,
to heavens gates.
For the men of the field,
who braved hell's straights.
Small flags placed by,
those who returned.
The memory and faces,
in their mind forever burned.

A place called Arlington is a field of neat rows of white stone.  Now the resting place of those never retruning home.  Not far away is a wall of black.  Etched is the name of all of those never coming back.  From there you can come to a wall of gold stars.  Where we can add 1,500 more every day.  Again today the sand will flow red, some Mother's child will be dead.  Freedom is not free, for dearly it does cost.  But to all I am grateful for their loss.  I once had the honor to fire 3 last shots.  A flag for the last time was folded, another Soldier was lowered.  Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, as taps sounded there was a hush.  Nothing is louder then the falling tear of a Mother,  the cry of a fatherless child or the celebration at the Gates of Heaven when one who gave all enters.

SOILDIERS PSALM
                                                PSALM 27
  The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
  When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to devour my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
  Through a host should encamp against me, me heart shall not fear: though war should rise againt me, in this will I be confident.
  One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life to behold the beauty of the Lord, and inquire in his temple.
  For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
  And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea I will sing praises unto the Lord.
  Hear, O Lord when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
  When thou saidst, "Seek ye my face;" my heart said unto thee, Thy face Lord, will I seek.
  Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
  When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
  Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in the plain path, because of mine enemies.
  Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me and such as breathe out cruelty.
  I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goondess of the Lord in the land of the living.
  Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
ARKANSAWYER

wesdor

Memorial Day has always been special for me as well.  I'd like to add my thanks to all the others for the men and women who are serving our country at this time and for all those who served in the past.

There are many good articles in newspapers around the country today, but the one in the Seattle Times said it best for me.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/opinion/2002292747_memorial30.html

Freedom never comes cheap, we need to remember that every day.  Seems like this group has that in mind much of the time.  Glad to be a small part of this group of fine individuals.

beenthere

Arky
Thanks very much for posting that, as it brings tears to my eyes, and was much appreciated.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Larry

I was talking to a couple of Iraq vets this morning...they seemed so young to be risking there lives to keep the rest of us safe.  I gave them a big thank you.

Got me thinking and read this thread....Arky thanks for your last post.  Think I better call Dad and thank him for his service in WWII.

Lot of Air Force guys here...I served 69 to 73.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!