iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

#3 Mill

Started by dail_h, April 09, 2010, 10:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

Just bought my third sawmill the other day. Found a Foley Belsaw M14 for $850. With the added 50 in Hoe saw ,came to $1050. How bad did I get Stuck ?lol
   Now just need to find time to move the two mills,#2 is a block mill for sawing mine blocking n wedges
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

bandmiller2

Dail,your crusin the interstate if you can still get bits and shanks for your Hoe.Don't believe I've ever seen a mill for mine blocking,is that what they call a short log mill.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Ironwood

I saw a mine blocking mill in Storm Mountain WVa. let me tell you that guy could not have been morethan 24" from the blade whilest operating it.  :o An old Frick. He had a "new" Woodland bandmill there that he thought was too slow, he liked the circle mill.

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

captain_crunch

Don't think you you got hurt too badly used wheel costs about 1000 here don't look for Hoe teeth look for style??? come on guys  :P :P :P :PI will dig thru books but name  but out West they have a different name for that type of tooth check this link belive it is aslo called a Type F tooth http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/misc/circsaw.pdf
Brian
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

dail_h

I think the blocking mill is technicaly called a "bolter" saw. The carriage straddles the saw ,40 in inserted tooth. Has a flip over thingy for sawing wedges n half headers.
   I'm sure I can find shanks n bits for both saws, was dark in the barn, n couldn't tell exactly wht style n size they were.
      Volume Discount At ER

Meadows Miller

Gday

You can never have Tooo Many Mills Mate  ;) :D :D ;D ;D 8) 8) With the hoe saw ive got a B style and have no dramas with bits and shanks hopefully yours is the same Mate  ;) ;D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

BBK

We have two Hoe saws dating from when grandad bought the mill on 1936. Both are "3 pattern ". No problem getting bits and shanks from simons.
I love Farming, Logging, Sawmilling, Fishing, and Hunting.

dail_h

Been trying to get 'lectric turned on at house all week. Tired of camping out. Mill is coming home this coming week.
   Been kinda mentioning to the old 3600 that it might want to try n limber up a little, winter's rest is about over,lol
      Volume Discount At ER

mad murdock

DanG! that is a mighty fine price for a mill even if it requires some TLC and set up!  I think I may have found an M14 in fairly neglected condition, that I hope I will be able to get for a good price. only 20 miles from home.  Will stay tuned to see the pictures of your setup.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!