iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big pot of brown beans and ham.

Started by Kwill, January 27, 2018, 08:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kwill

That's what's for dinner 8). Loaded the crock pot up with beans and ham. Been cooking this afternoon  while I was cutting wood. Made a pan of cornbread to go with it. Pretty good eating after a hard days work.
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

starmac

It is just the wife and I anymore, soo a large crock pot full of beans last about 3 days these days, just finished one off, beans with ham, onions and a can of green chile. Add some good corn bread and life just don't get much better.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Kwill

Quote from: starmac on January 27, 2018, 09:40:43 PM
It is just the wife and I anymore, soo a large crock pot full of beans last about 3 days these days, just finished one off, beans with ham, onions and a can of green chile. Add some good corn bread and life just don't get much better.
good stuff for sure
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

starmac

Somehow, my dad developed an allergy to pinto beans in his 30's despite having eaten them his whole life. Up until the day he died, he would eat a bowl every few months, knowing he would get deathly ill.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WV Sawmiller

I grew up in NW Fla and the only time I ever saw pinto beans were in chili when we ran out of of kidney beans. When we moved to WV they seemed to be the Sate dish. Wife was a teacher and sometimes lunchroom meal was brown beans and cornbread. Our local Kroger will only carry 4-5 kinds of dried peas and beans while 200 miles south similar sized store would sell 20-25 different varieties. We can buy brown beans here in 50 lb bags however. Even Wal-Mart will have a big open bin with a couple hundred lbs in it where you buy them in bulk.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

luvmexfood

This got me to wanting some. Soaked today in water then threw in instant pot with a piece of hog jowl for 30 minutes. End result was one happy hillbilly with a full belly. Oh. And cornbread made with buttermilk cornmeal mix and some "ripe" buttermilk.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

sawguy21

That is a great meal done in a crock pot and so simple I can do it. I'l pass on the buttermilk though ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!