iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT40HD SS side support covers. Why not loader arm tubing ?

Started by antioch01, July 24, 2017, 10:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antioch01

Thanks, had to sand blast to get all the rough areas clean and the old decals off,,, Rustoleum brown primer,,,, Rustoleum Orange,,,, I read a lot of different variations of mixing safety orange and yellow etc. The Rustoleum Orange matched the color under the decals that pealed off and were virgin original color, very well. And availability of the paint for touch up made it a no-brainer for me. All black is Rustoleum semi-gloss.

Bought both the tail light housings, 4ea. stainless back support covers from Woodmizer as well as all the new style decals.
I already had the stainless 5" tubing here for the loader cross tube, just had to cut it in half with 4 1/2" cut-off grinder with .045 wheel. Mounted with 1/4" stainless bolts, also used all stainless bolts, nuts and washers every where else except jacks, used the steel bolts for strength and stainless nuts and washers.
2006 Woodmizer LT40HD,
1975 Mack RD686 Log Truck with 110 Prentice Loader,
Morooka MST600 Tracked dump truck used as skidder.
Cat D3C LGP
Bobcat T200
Ford 675D Backhoe
Case 1080 Excavator
Snorkel 42A Manlift

thecfarm

And you even put some "white space" between the pictures.  8)
Just so others will know,hit the enter key a couple times. Preview is your friend too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ga Mtn Man

It seems that Rustoleum has several lines of paints with more than one orange in each.  Which one did you use?  Thanks.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

antioch01

Rustoleum 7769830 Rusty metal primer and Gloss Orange 214084, it is available in spray cans for touch-ups. That was the main reason for using it,,, Lowes stocks it here.
2006 Woodmizer LT40HD,
Cat D3C LGP
Bobcat T200
Ford 675D Backhoe
Case 1080 Excavator
Snorkel 42A Manlift

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

antioch01

So far I am happy with the coverage etc,,,,, but the paint is also new, we will see how it holds up. At least the mill is not going to sit out in the weather any more,, it will be under cover for the most part. Other wise I would not have taken the time to restore it.
2006 Woodmizer LT40HD,
Cat D3C LGP
Bobcat T200
Ford 675D Backhoe
Case 1080 Excavator
Snorkel 42A Manlift

Magicman

Rustoleum paint is good but the nozzles stink.  I always invert and blow the paint out.   Maybe that is the plan because you can't clean them.  I use Krylon instead.  The nozzles are self cleaning and never clog.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kbeitz

Quote from: Magicman on August 08, 2017, 03:32:47 PM
Rustoleum paint is good but the nozzles stink.  I always invert and blow the paint out.   Maybe that is the plan because you can't clean them.  I use Krylon instead.  The nozzles are self cleaning and never clog.

I was talking about the brush on stuff.

The nozzles can be cleaned with music wire. I do it all the time.
Also sometimes if you just tale it off the can and smack it on something hard
with the inlet hole down is all that's needed. I also keep a small can of used nozzles
on my shelf to use when I can't get one to unplug.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

antioch01

These new cans are all angle spray,, so you can't invert them to clear the nozzle any more,, I use to do the same thing. The great thing is you don't have to hold the can vertical.
2006 Woodmizer LT40HD,
Cat D3C LGP
Bobcat T200
Ford 675D Backhoe
Case 1080 Excavator
Snorkel 42A Manlift

Thank You Sponsors!