iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Inground swimming pool at my house soon. hopefully.

Started by semologger, April 09, 2012, 10:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okmulch

We bought our house and the pool was all ready here. It used to be heated and has the hookups for a natural gas heater, however the hard automated roll back cover is broke and missing, so we just use a solar tarp to heat up the water. Of course living in Oklahoma we will open the pool in late April and keep it open until late September.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Shelton C. Carr

Quote from: jdtuttle on April 10, 2012, 07:33:32 AM
I built our inground pool about 10 years ago. Don't know about the cost to run but we get alot of enjoyment from it. I did alot of research and did a sports pool. No diving board, insurance company may make you take it out. A sport pool has two shallow ends and deeper in the middle, about 5'. There is a ledge around the inside of the pool for exercising. It's really great when we play volley ball. The big kids are in the deep water & young ones in shallow.
jim
Nice sharing
Happy to hear that you enjoyed the pool experience.
I too love to swim.
Are you still using the same pool?

Banjo picker

Welcome to the forum Shelton C. Carr.  Lots of different opinions about a pool on here.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WV Sawmiller

Don't know where this old thread came from especially this time of year. I had to maintain several pools for the company in places I worked around the world and I have repeatedly told folks if I bought a home with a pool I'd fill it in and plant tomatoes. They can be nice but a lot of work to maintain. I'd only consider one if I lived in a climate where i could use it every day of the year.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Raider Bill

When I bought this house 20 plus years ago it had a pool. I filled it in. Now that area has the best grass in my yard.
I put in a small 200 gallon 2 person "hot tub" . In the winter I keep it 104 in the summer I let the water "cool" off so I can take a dip.
If the water goes squirrelly, I drain and start again. Simple.
Ol whats her name has mentioned how nice a pool would be. I mention how that's never going to happen.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Banjo picker

I was ready to fill ours in as well, untill the first grand child came alone about 3 years ago. :)  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

gspren

Wife wanted a pool so nice guy that I am I had a pond dug, 25 years later we can still catch fish out of her "pool".
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Thank You Sponsors!