iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Creation

Started by Downstream, May 20, 2019, 09:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Downstream

I had this table idea a few years ago and finally found a matching set of antique glass washboards to make it work.  I came up with the design and then found some nice elm pieces of live edge to work with.  I have looked around but not seen anything like this on most of the boards so I was excited when it all came together nicely.  I finished with danish oil and will probable put poly on the top after oil cures.  I designed it to be small music table for turntable and vintage vinyl but could be used as end table or nightstand.  Now I need to price it and put on my website.   thanks for looking.

EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

Kindlinmaker

Very interesting and creative. Like it a lot. Nice job. 
If you think the boards are twisted, wait until you meet the sawyer!

Magicman

Very Innovative !!!  thumbs-up
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

That piece should certainly sell !
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

Clever little guy,ain't ya!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

78NHTFY

Excellent!  Washboard music on both sides....title to the song: "Ode to the slabs". Now just write the music and lyrics ;D  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Brad_bb

Very nice, I like it!
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

tmbrcruiser

Very cool design! Creative!
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

doc henderson

Very Neat, I would price it well over 200 dollars.  not sure of your market but we have a renews it store and it would be priced 2 to 300 bucks.  maybe more to the right buyer.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

DWyatt

doc henderson

"elm, the other exotic hardwood!!!" ;)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

Quote from: doc henderson on May 22, 2019, 10:40:54 AMVery Neat, I would price it well over 200 dollars
The washboards alone are worth $200. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

My bad MM, i guess i had not heard of glass washboards.  i will put myself in timeout... time out in the shop!!!  i would be curious what it would be worth.  we have a place that makes things with old things, although a lot of their inventory is re-pop stuff.  i hope you get a million!  :)

Magicman

Well you can buy them for less, but this masterpiece should bring a premium.  It's value is much more than the materials used, it's the total package.   smiley_thumbsup

doc henderson

high quality craftsmanship, very unique, prob. never see another one like it.  certainly did not mean to under value it!! :)

Downstream

Thanks for all the great comments.  I need to find more customers with Doc and MM mentality to get my premiums.  Good news is I found the washboards at pickers market so negotiated a great price for them both so not a lot of material cost in this one.  Time was not too bad either as Im getting much better at design and build.  My struggle since going to this full time has been consistently finding good  customers.  My experience is people either love or hate live edge rustic you dont really sell them.  If they love the style then price is not normally an issue because they recognize the value.  My problem is that my local area is not heavily populated with live edge lovers with the budget for high quality custom work so I need to branch out more regionally where shipping becomes more complicated.  I am in a little bit of a resort area so I am considering putting a small building on my property to sell out of to out of tourists who are in the area for the big lake.  As far as pricing on this item goes I'm probably between 250-450 and leaning to the high side.  I have another interesting chair I will finish today and post later in a new thread for comments.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

Magicman

Of course I was also leaning toward the higher end but it is all about the available market.  Pricing too cheap says that this is a cheap item which it ain't.  Facebook Marketplace might find potential customers who would be willing to drive quite a distance for it.  There is only one person out there that wants it so your job is to find that customer.  ;D

doc henderson

On line, the world is your oyster. i agree with starting high, cause some lady will want it, and her husband will try to get it cheaper.  If you have a little room, they will both be happy!!! best wishes.

buzywoodliff

that turned out great, i love it!!

Thank You Sponsors!