iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nyle Experience

Started by JoeyLowe, August 06, 2002, 05:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeyLowe

;D

Called Nyle today to order some of their Peel & Stick Aluminum Kiln Paper to line the inside of my kiln(s) with. Yes, I've finished the solar kiln and are just about finished with the DH kiln.

The receptionist answered the phone politely and I told her that I needed to place an order.  She asked for what product and when I told her, she put me on hold.  A few minutes later she came back on the line and told me that she was transferring me to a service rep to take my order.  I said okay.

After what seemed like an eternity, but what was probably no more than a few minutes, a man named Allen came on and asked if he could help me.  There was a lot of background like what you would expect to hear on the floor of a manufacturing plant.  I told him what I was after and he said that he thought it was on backorder and for me to hold on.  Again, I'm on hold briefly and when he comes back he says that it should be in stock in about a week, but that he couldn't take my order right then because he didn't know the prodouct code or price.  I told him that I had that information available from his web site and he told me that he had found his catalog.  He told me that the price was $106.00 per roll.  The internet ad said $79.00 per roll.  I told him of the price difference and he said um, okay.  I told him that I needed 8 rolls.  He responded that this stuff was not really that good because it had a tendancy to fall off of the walls.  I mentioned to him that his internet ad guaranteed against that happening.  He told me that a better product would be to get the Lion-AL Kote product because it was guaranteed to work. I said okay, let's figure how much of that stuff I would need.  He put me on hold for a few more minutes.  (It's okay because I am calling their 800 number)  He comes back and tells me that they no longer carry that item either.  They determined that it was too much of an inconvience and I could buy stuff just as good if not better from my local home center.  I again said okay and proceeded to ask him some questions about his L200 kiln.  He told me that I should probably really speak to someone in sales or service.  I told him that I thought that was who he was.  His response?  Nope, I'm in shipping!

Now I don't know whether to be put out or impressed.  I'm probably impressed.  Why?  Because I figure one of two things must have happened.  Either the receptionist sent my call to the wrong department or this guy inadvertently picked up the wrong call.  Either way I'm impressed that he went the extra mile to help me out.  Of course, a commissioned salesman would have probably sold me the paper and told me the problem was on my end when it didn't stick properly.

Just my two cents worth. ;D
--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

Rick-Wi

Question? Where do you get Lion-AL Kote? I was going to use a elastomeric roof coating Made by Black Jack. I like the idea of white instead of the silver color roof coatings. I did a search on the Lion-AL Kote and can't come up with anything.

Rick-Wi

JoeyLowe

Hey Rick:

Only place I found it was at Nyle.  They were buying it in 55 gallon drums then repackaging it into 5 gallon pails for resale.  They stopped that since it was too much of an inconvience.  Don't know it they would sell it by the drum though.  That is a lot of paint.  The guy in shipping told me that they are concentrating more on pre-fab kilns.
--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

Kevin

Can`t you use aluminum flashing instead ?

Rick-Wi

Just received this email from Lion..

We are the manufacturer of Al-Kote.  We are located in El Dorado, Arkansas.
Our closest distributor to you is Specialty Products & Insulation in
Indianapolis, IN.  Their number is 317-428-6388.  If you need anything
further, please let me know.

Thanks,
Connie Fuller

Rick-Wi

ARKANSAWYER

Good stuff always comes from Arkansas. ;D  (well ok Bill was not that good) :D
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Haytrader

Slick Willie was somthin else........but look what he drug in with him.......... :o

Glad she is in New Yaawk... 8)
Haytrader

junkyard

If you will take her back we will take up a collection to pay you.
                       Junkyard
If it's free, It's for me. If for pay, leave it lay.

Thank You Sponsors!