iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Knee Replacement...Now Shoulder Surgery

Started by Magicman, October 15, 2019, 07:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

~Ron

samandothers

You are on a roll, or maybe a positive hobble!

Southside

Will the seat from your mill fit on the walker?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Nebraska

Oh great now he's gonna have a knee scar that will be as scary as his toe pictures. :D :D :D
Glad you are  up and around. 300 feet is good.

doc henderson

Quote from: Southside on November 19, 2019, 01:53:51 PM
Will the seat from your mill fit on the walker?  :D
more important, will the walker fit on your mill.  :) .  remember admin will edit your posts even if you just had surgery, so lets keep the picture from the front while you are in a hospital gown.  add that to the list of things we do not need to see, like your feet and knee scar.!   :D :D :D  like a rat tail haircut, "business in the front,  ......."  :o :o :o  8)  @Southside   @YellowHammer
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

stanwelch

Good news MM. Glad your surgery went well. 
I'm in no hurry for the PICTURES. I'm going to open this thread on a small screen and keep one eye closed hurt_smiley yikes_smiley
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

petefrom bearswamp

Lynn are they making you bend it farther than you want to?
Did that with me after my bi lateral knee surgery and it brought tear to my eyes the size of horse poops
Mine were only partial makoplastys tho
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

If this is like the other pictures you have posted about other medical cases you were involved in just do us a favor - don't. :D And we sure don't need the anterior view/shot of the open hospital robe with you hobbling 300' down the hall while the other patients spill their lime green jello as they see you pass. :D :D

Stay strong on the PT. Did you make sure they have therapy simulating you stepping up and down off your sawmill seat?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

Keep at it!! Keep on the meds. You will need them.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I tried to get some dirt on him while he was still goofy. No luck. Then I tried to swap my 8n for his Kabota. I thought I was making some headway there, but I dont think I can manage the I gotta drive it to Mississippi from Michigan stipulation.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

Too funny Jeff! Good on you for trying to 'leverage the situation'. It would have given you some interesting ammo in future 'discussions'. I am really happy that young fella is coming along and look forward to hearing from him very soon. Is he still in incarceration? Or did they spring him?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

He's sprung. His block has warn off so the Honeymoon is over. Im sure he will be posting more in a day or three when things start to simmer down in the pain management department.

WDH

You could have drove it down there, and the experience would be priceless.  Then, you could write a book about the experience.  With the screenplay that would ensue from the book, you could retire on the movie rights.  

I like it.  It is a good plan. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

If I feel good enough tomorrow,  maybe ill go out and check the oil and the tire pressure

WDH

I am only half kidding.  Can you imagine how rich an experience that would be if you survived it?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Old Greenhorn

I have this picture in my head of you sitting in you 8N outside the discharge door at the hospital to give him a ride home. He would say 'what's this?', and you would say "I came to give you a ride home and make the swap" he'd say "what swap?" and you could 'remind' him of the conversation. :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Nebraska

Shoot guys long distance tractor riding is almost a sport here. I have clients with special old tractors fixed up to go on "tractor rides".  You'll see a whole line of dolled up parade ready old tractors putting along in the summer. They have multi day rides.  I bet you could  make 50 miles a day on that 8N pretty easy.  

Jeff

That would give them 21.5 days to loose the kaboda. :D

Nebraska

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Jeff on November 21, 2019, 09:30:51 PM
That would give them 21.5 days to loose the kaboda. :D
Warning - he may have sobered up by then. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

doc henderson

do you not have the canvas cab for the 8N.   tank-smiley
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WDH

As you came South, you would need to bundle down. 

thecfarm

Just a thinking of you.
My wife went through this.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

I expect that he is hobbling around. 

Magicman

OK I am coming up for air.  @doctorb The Total Knee Replacement Surgery was done a week ago tomorrow.  How do I feel or how do supposed to feel?  Don't know because I have never done this before.  It doesn't hurt when I am lying or sitting down but it does sorta hurt when I stand up.  I don't know what it is supposed to do.  ::)  I started with two pain pills every 4 hours,  but I have reduced that to one every 4 hours.  Should I have?  I don't know because they say whatever is necessary to control my pain.  Well it doesn't hurt when I am sitting, so do I need it?   I don't know.  Ice is supposed to keep the swelling down and I have done and am doing the ice thing.  I was supposed to reach 90° bending by the end of the first week, but I was hitting 107° to 112° last week.  Maybe not easily but doing it.  Would keeping the pain medication prevent pain and allow me to more easily bend the knee?  Don't know but will ask tomorrow.

Constipation?  Yup da crap word.  Pain meds slow everything down, so one reason for reducing from two to one was to try to jump start my digestive system back into working order.  "Manual intervention" did not sound like a pleasant solution.  :-X

My hospital stay was pleasant (I guess) but my apprehension about this entire replacement deal was still there.  I kept telling the family that I still could back out (which I could have) but I knew that I wasn't.

Yes, I did get my "split tail" gown, but you will have to use your imagination regarding the split tail.  :o

My Nurse Granddaughter getting her Pop ready for the trip to the OR.  No, she could not be with me during the surgery.

I came back to the room with this zipper looking bandage on my knee.  (The scar on my shin is from the chainsaw accident back in August.)

The next morning I was served a very good Breakfast of Scrambled Eggs, Grits, Pancakes, Bacon, Peaches, OJ, & Coffee. 
IMG 6885 - YouTube
I was feeling good because the pain block had not worn off. ( and would not for a couple more days)  I thought that I was gonna have a high-ho time with this recovery and pain thing.  Maybe that added to my confusion that I discussed in the opening paragraph above.  What is normal and what should I feel?

So now I am wearing these support stocking to prevent blood clots.

And keeping this ice filled saddle bag draped across the knee to prevent swelling.

Soooo, now what?  I find out that da Boss and Marty have decided that my "new to me" Kubota needs upgrading to a Ford 8N.  It seems that the Ford is in so much better condition than the Kubota that now the Ford must be driven from Michigan to Mississippi to add hours to it and devalue it so that the trade will be much more even.  Maybe I understand the reasoning, but I am getting the sneaky feeling that I am gonna be stuck with a labor or fuel bill.  Maybe if we could get Howdy to do the driving he could also make some additional deliveries along the way and I could get a new coffee mug out of the deal.  Anyway for now Marty and Ben have da Kubota loaded up and will spend the next couple of days at the Cabin doing clean-up work that is needed after the last windstorms.

As for me, I think that I have much more of the same-o, same-o ahead of me.   At lest my head is not as Goofy.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!