iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

finally have some heat in the shop (with pic's)

Started by blaze83, February 11, 2009, 01:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaze83

Well, after waiting and searching for a long time, I finally found a nice used wood stove for the shop. I got the tile work done, and the stove installed. Now the weather is 65 degrees  :D  I'm still glad it's done, now the sheetrock mud will dry. I've included some pictures cause I know how much we all enjoy them.

here is the begining of the tile,  the dark diamond pattern...the lighting is weird cause of the shop light.

here the upper portion of the wall is being filled

the tile is almost finished, just a few cuts to make for the outlet, and the front of the floor area.

here it is with the stove in and a fire going.....what a relief to have this over with.....Dang double insulated stove pipe is expensive >:(

I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

Dodgy Loner

Looks good, blaze!  That would be right at home in my living room ;D
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

york

Hi,

looks good-did you put a tee at the bottom,or are there two ells??

If there are two ells,the soot will tend to build up..Bert
Albert

Warbird

Looks very nice!  I hear you on that double walled/insulated stove pipe.  It ain't cheap but it is nice to have.

bull

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: bull on February 11, 2009, 04:20:59 PM
pretty fancy for a shop !!

Thats what I was thinking. Looks more like a living room than a shop.

blaze83

ya  :D  :D you all are right, it is a bit fancy for a shop, but i thought I would be able to use it as a show peice....I enjoy tile work so if i get a few side jobs from it it will be worth it.

thanks for the compliments every one

steve

bull

Well when the wife gets ticked at you and send you to the ( dog House ) shop you will have something to look forward too, have you got the couch and wide screen ready to install...

blaze83

:D :D I'd never get anything done for sure then..especially during football season

ohsoloco

That looks like the beginning of a bona fide man cave  8)  :D

Thank You Sponsors!